chapter 6

Aiden

I enter the house, it's quiet, maybe she didn't come back...
Acher is sleeping in my arms and Eldon is already on the couch.

"Edon, I want TV," she says while pointing her finger at the TV.

"Okay, honey," I turn the TV on and put Disney Junior for her. She starts to take off her shoes and bury herself comfortably on the couch.

"Do you want a comforter, baby?" It's pretty cold, even with the heating on, it's cold. I don't want her to catch the flu. She responds with a nod, too focused on some cars talking.

I walk upstairs and place Acher in his crib. I kiss him on the forehead and head downstairs with a white comforter for Eldon.

~°~

It's afternoon, the house is so calm. Acher and Eldon are sleeping. Eldon got asleep on the couch so I've let her there.

Right now I'm in the kitchen, searching for a job online. Most of the job's requires experience, which I don't have... I've never worked in my entire 17 years of life.

I'm still searching when I hear a knock on the front door. I get off the stool and walk towards the door.

I open it and find a man standing there. He's in his mid-thirties maybe. Short brown hair. Beard. He's classy from head to toe. He looks cocky.

"Is Ellen Romand here?" He asks. His voice is scary.

"Um... no she's not here, yet," I reply, trying to hide my discomfort.

"Ok... Tell her James will come later," he says, his eyes traveling down my body, then he turns around and walk towards a black car. I close the door quickly....this was weird.

Later that day I received a text from Blake.

Blake : I need to talk to you. Tomorrow at your place 7 PM.(urgent).

Me : what's happening? Everything's ok?

Blake : Yeah... Just need to have a conversation with you'.

What he wants to talk about?
I head to the bathroom to take a bath before the children wake up.

I see my reflection on the mirror, then I understand why Blake wants to talk, it's because of my bruises. Shit I forgot about them.

Blake doesn't know that my mom abuses me. He doesn't know that she does drugs and give her body to different men.

He only knows the part that everyone knows : The divorce of my parents and my mom depression.

They all thoughts that she can't take care of the children because she's too affected by her broken marriage but it's not that!...

Now I must explain something credible because apparently 'Falling down the stairs' didn't work.

~°~

"Mom where are you?" I shout while entering the house. I just get out of school and wanted to hang out with Aven.

"Kitchen, Aiden," she replies. I enter the kitchen and gasp with shock. My mouth ajar. Here in the kitchen are my mom and DAD.