chapter 37

Aiden

"There's someone inside," I whisper in his ears and I close my eyes, plunge into his comforting arms.

After a moment, he puts his hands on my head and gently pulls my head back, he looks at me with a frown and I know that he's thinking that I'm going completely crazy because I was sleeping on the floor and now I'm confessing that there's someone inside.

"You saw someone inside... here with you?" He asks and I can feel anger rising in him, but also curiosity.

I nod my head and sniff, then he turns sideways and looks at something... well, it's someone. When I apprehend that a man is standing right there watching us, my eyes widen and I almost jump off of Blake.

"Hey, it's okay, he's my friend," Blake says and tightens his hold around my waist.

I look at the guy and he does the same thing, he gives me a slight nod but I just stare at him, not knowing what to do. He doesn't gives me the 'secure' type of guy.

As the guy is seeing he's staring at me too much, he looks away and starts looking around him as if he is embarrassed. I look at Blake again and I caress the back of his hair when suddenly I feel something wet making contact with my left calf, I rub my hand on the spot and I can feel the liquid spreading on my hand.  

With curiosity, I raise my hand so that I can see what it is and I gasp when I see the reddish piquancy plastered on my hand, I look down at my calf and I discern that Blake's jeans are red, dark even.

"Blake, you–you have blood on your jeans," I stutter and I stand up quickly, and my lower back hit against the hand of the couch due to my sudden headache and dizziness.

He tries to stand up slowly but in vain, he falls back on the marble floor and a low rumble leaves his mouth. The guy rushes towards him and helps him up, I look at him with shock as I can feel my tears making their way into my eyes again.

I'm clueless of what happened to him but I know It won't be a comfortable story to tell. He has a wound in his right thigh, a wound that is changing of color, it's so dark yet red and he's losing so much blood.

"Are you okay, can you stay stand up?" The guy asks him and he nods his head slowly while he closes his eyes, I can see that he's in so much pain.

"You need to go to the hospital right now, Blake," I tell him.

Suddenly, the electricity comes back which gives me the privilege of seeing him better, and I almost fall apart, he looks so weak, he seems as if he's going to die right here.

"Aiden, I have to tell you something really, really important," He says and stumbles back but the guy holds his shoulders so he doesn't fall on his back.

"No time for talking, we need to go now, you'll get unconscious," The guys says and starts dragging him towards the door.

Uncontrollably, my eyes wander around me, goosebumps making their appearance on my entire body, as I remember that there was or still is someone inside. But, as I look towards the door I realize that Blake needs me.

As they are already outside, I decide to follow them as well. I go barefoot on the floor not caring to put on a shoe and I don't even care about changing my tights or my white top.

As I make my way towards the car which is in front of the house, I realize that it's not Blake's car, it's a white car, not the black Range Rover, and to my horror, the seats are empty, no children.

My eyes widen with anxiety and fear. I look at the guy who's now placing Blake into the backseat and he closes the door when Blake is already set inside.