Chapter 14

Drunk Riley is fun. Drunk Riley is chatty and also really sad. Sad for flowers, clouds, birds, animals you name it. She kept on waking me up throughout the night to cry about any random stuff. Also, she kept cuddling me, the more she cried, the more she cuddled me. Controlling her turned out to be a job not enough for one person. From the moment we stepped into my room she started darting all around the room making playful airplane noises with her mouth. When I finally caught her, she started playing with my hand. Literally playing, stretching them, scratching them bending them or trying to, I mean I am human with bones after all. Then she changed her clothes which was very embarrassing moment for me since she was out of it. I doubt she would remember any of it tomorrow. Glad she did not puke though. She played with water a bit too, spraying it on me from the glass I kept beside my bed in case she needs it. Then when I finally thought she was asleep, she started crying.

Riley mumbled a lot of stuff last night. She said she lives with her mom now; her dad is something I could not decipher. She misses him sometimes, but mostly she misses her older brother. The light house apparently helped her through some tough times and is therefore a special place for her. She used to go there with someone before she moved in with her mom. She also thinks Vincent does not like her but is stringing her along because he knows she has a crush on him. She mumbled a lot about me some of which I could not decipher. The ones I understood were along the lines of she understands me, I get her, and she is glad to have met me. Also, something about Ryan, I have no idea what though. Well I got to know a little bit about Riley. Only wish she told me about it herself when she was sober though. I somehow feel she wouldn't have said anything had she been sober.

We woke up almost at the same time with the sound of a knock on the door. I said a faint come in before I saw Riley sleeping on me and now looking at me with a shocked expression. She just scrambled off of me and fell to the ground just as the door opened to reveal Jane holding Advil and water. I started laughing at Riley and she was just too stunned to even react to my laugh. She just kept on looking at me and at Jane and then at the ground as if watching it would change the fact that she is now on the ground. Jane gave me the medicine and the glass of water and went out of the room closing the door, giving us time to collect ourselves more for Riley's benefit seeing as I was perfectly fine.

"Umm...Abbie did I say something embarrassing last night? Oh god did I do something embarrassing?"

"You..." should I tell her or not, deciding I can give her bits and pieces of information and see how much she remembers I continued, "You umm... did some stuff don't worry it's not too embarrassing, you said some stuff as well but mostly you cried. You cried a lot last night, are you okay?"

"What did I say Abbie?" Riley uttered really slowly. Almost as if she is dreading the answer to her question herself.

"Tell me first what you remember?"

"Honestly I remember finding you in the backyard looking zoned out almost as if you did not want to be there and we sat down and after that blank."

"Okay. Yeah that happened. At that time, I did not think you were that drunk to be quite honest. But after we came home you seemed more drunk. And you played, you played a lot. I did not know you have an obsession with airplanes. You produce a real nice sound effect for it as well. Also, why are you sad about clouds? What did clouds ever do to you?" I wanted to make it light I knew she would ask me if she told me stuff about herself, but I am dreading telling her as much as she is dreading hearing it. "You said some stuff about you too. Don't worry I will forget it as if you never told me. And if you ever want to tell me I will pretend I am hearing it for the first time. I understand not wanting to talk about yourself. It's okay. And please get up from the floor and take the medicine."