Chapter 57

New semester is a blur. School started a day after our light house trip. It is my last semester at high school. Well I thought it would make me happy. Once upon a time it definitely would have, but not anymore. I was sad to leave my friends, and the only place I came to call home. Like really mean it as home. And then there is Krystal. She is just a freshman in High School, and I would be going off to college this fall. But I really don't want to leave this all so soon. I still have not decided what I want to study in college, major in. I did apply to a few colleges based on Jane's and our school's guidance counselor's recommendation. But I do not remember putting a choice for major. If I did it would have been a fluke. The only thing that I know I love to do is play soccer. But I cannot major in it, can I?

I almost kept my same schedule for this semester. Jane wanted me to take some AP classes, but I am not sure. All I want to do is graduate and play soccer. Concentrate as much as I can on soccer. After all the championship cup games are coming our way and I want my school to win it this year. Apparently, we have not won it in the last five years. I want to change that plus our track record now gives me hope. We have not lost any game yet. And I would love to maintain that. I knew one person would share my sentiment and sure enough it made Sasha extremely happy and weirdly Kelly cheered me on too. This semester Kelly chose her classes in a way so that her freebies line up with either one of us.

We practiced the day before school reopened. Not surprising. Riley, Jess and of course Krystal cheered us on. Jess said she would be coming to my first game after school reopens. The first game is Wednesday, and we have another game this week which is this Friday. Jess said she would come to both. As she is staying this week and going back next week. I am excited for her to see me play, but I am a little scared as well.

Wednesday came, and we practiced a lot both Monday and Tuesday seeing as we all were out during the holidays. So, we didn't get to practice much then. Today's game is a little scary for me as I don't know why but I want to impress Jess. We tried again with the angry tactic well that proved to be not going our way by the end of first half.

We were 3-5 favoring the other school.

None of us were angry enough. We all were still in the holiday daze. But I do not want to lose. So, we have to get back the 2 goals and score more. And I am not about to lose the one match where Jess sees me play for the first time. Somehow that riled me up pretty quick. Sasha said something, so did coach but I was in my zone. Trying to get myself angry and focus it on the game.

Well whatever I thought it started working. As soon as second half started, we went charging on the other school's team. I think they switched tactic to defensive. Which was bad on their part. Because I was charged with anger and so was Sasha. There was no stopping us. And thus, with one of my teammate's help I brought the score to 4-5. Then before they got a chance to react, I passed the ball to Sasha to even our scores. And she did just that pretty nicely I might add.

With our scores being 5-5 tied.

It made the other school change their idea instantly. But we were not backing away either. We played it was almost a fight for goals which we both made. Surprisingly it was a clean game. No fouls were there. At least none that got carded. Soon our scores were 8-7. Us favoring. They tried to close the gap but when I got the ball from Kelly, I was determined to score. And the only thing I could see was the net. I didn't even register the players surrounding me. I did not hit them I just somehow tackled the ball casually away from everybody and sent it flying in the net. Their goalkeeper's look told me she did not expect me to shoot so suddenly. Because I was maneuvering when I suddenly took the chance and shot it towards the net. Well my chance paid off as we were now leading with 2 goals making our score 9-7.