Chapter 41

The much-needed breakfast also known as hangover food was good. Even though I was not hungover, it still tasted great. It was brought to us by Ryan and his friends. Tony came to Sasha's house before to help setup for the big breakfast. There were a lot of us, and since Tony's house needs cleaning therefore Sasha's house is the one that will be hosting the breakfast. We ate in almost silence as pretty much everyone was hungover with the exception of your truly and the crystal blue-eyed girl.

Krystal wanted to go back to her foster home afterwards when we were preparing to leave. I did not want her to, but Riley was not letting me plead my case to Krystal. When suddenly a ring halted our conversation. The ring came from Krystal's phone, I saw a name 'Michael' pop up and Krystal turned white as a ghost. All the colors drained from her face and instead started hosting a look of utterly terrified. Her breathing became shallow and she started hyperventilating just by looking at the name. Who the fuck is Michael? She ran out the room to talk to whoever the fuck that is. But I did not like what I saw, the effect the name had on Krystal. I hated it and I felt a strong urge to follow her. Riley held me back but for a minute or so. Then I broke free to go over to where Krystal went.

Krystal was in Sasha's room, talking on the phone. Well more like listening to the cussing, the profanities being shouted at her. While she held the phone to her ears, and tears streamed down her face. It made my heart clench and made my blood boil. Somehow, I immediately knew it was her abusive foster dad. That would mean he is Riley's dad as well. And I cannot save either of them. I have to somehow, as he is not only torturing Krystal, but also Riley albeit not directly. Two of the people I care about are being abused by the same guy and I am not helping. Then and there I took a breath and promised to help them no matter what.

I know I thought of telling Ade, Jane and even Kate today. But I was hesitating after Krystal said she believes that I will never hurt her. Because I know if I tell them I will inevitably hurt her. The only thing is I have to now. While I was listening to the phone call I was near Krystal. She held my hand; she again knew I was balling my fists and was getting angry. I looked at the door and saw Riley standing there with an interesting look on her face. What is that look Riles? I thought but that thought got lost in the sea of anger when I heard the guy on the phone asked Krystal to be home in five minutes otherwise, he would do something she cannot even imagine. Well I have no idea what that means but seemed like Krystal does as she instantly whimpered yes. That earned her some choice remarks, apparently, she is not supposed to whimper or feel sad when she has not been home. I took the phone away from Krystal and cut it. She looked at me and hugged me. She knew I would do that, and I also know that she knows I am not letting her go back. Well not anytime soon, or ever but she does not know that.

I tried to force her to come back with me which she declined at first then agreed. She knows that nothing good will happen if she goes back now. But Riley does not know it, so she got angry when I almost forced Krystal to come back with us. She thought I am forcing her out of her comfortable house or keeping her from it. The Fuck! If that's the case. It also made me wonder how could Riley not know anything about her dad? According to Riley Krystal needs to go back to her dad and that is like good thing or something. Yeah how about hell no. Also, I am still angry. Therefore, I did not hear much, neither did I understood much of what Riley said. Except the fact that both Krystal and Riley are coming with me and Ryan now. Whatever Riley was trying to reason me with to let Krystal go back did not register in my brain. I heard some half ass excuse from her while I almost pulled her towards the car as well. I hope I said bye to the rest of the people. I did not mean to be rude to them, but my mind is a little occupied right now to think of being polite and stuff. I will call them later. Now I have to think of some way to help Krystal from her abusive foster dad and not let her get taken away.