Chapter 56

A/N: Ahhhh!!! Thank you so much for the 5K reads. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did we miss something?" Riley asked me and Ryan when she saw us hugging and crying as the tears are very apparent on both of our faces. Ryan and me, pulled out of the hug with a smile. With a genuine smile. A smile which said so much yet no words were necessary to express it.

"Cool. Okay. Siblings. Now we are here. I have no idea why I said the last sentence like that as if I am saying 'fear not we are here'. Whatever. I have gone mad now. Anyways. Abbie. You alright? Everything good? Or do you need more...?"

"Riles I am good. Thanks, though I needed that. I didn't know I needed it until you..."

"Don't mention it. That's what best friends are for. I know I haven't been a great best friend to you. But you are still my best friend. And I am trying, I will try harder." I smiled at Riley. She is kind of right she hasn't been a great best friend. But who can really blame her? I am not that easy to deal with and she had to deal with a lot of her own shit as well.

"I think we both have been kind of shitty best friends to each other. But that's last year. New year it's gonna be different."

"Well you were not a shitty friend Abbie. I will never forget you helped me without me ever asking you, you let me stay here even when I avoided you. But you are right about one thing, this new year is gonna be different. Speaking of, do you guys wanna do something later?"

"Rile can we do whatever you want tomorrow. I am tired. And I haven't even talked to Abbie yet today." Krystal spoke in the soft tired voice.

"Yes of course Krisi. Now go talk, or not talk. Whatever. I want to talk to Ryan."

"Uh-oh. Bye Ryan." I smirked at Ryan before winking at him teasingly.

Krystal and I settled in my room. I went to freshen up, my crying really exhausted me. When I walked out of the bathroom, I found Krystal asleep on my bed. I pulled the covers a bit and joined her in dreamland for a nap. Krystal is right though we have not talked yet today. She was busy with therapy today and me inside my head. But we need to talk, I need to talk to her. But all that can wait. Now sleep is calling me.

We woke up few hours later. Thank god Riley cancelled plans for later today. I didn't realize how exhausted I was before. We woke up looking fresh and a slightly confused as to how long did we really sleep. But it was almost dark outside that meant it had been a few hours. When I stretched my body told me how much I needed that. And Krystal started laughing at that. Soon I joined her as well. Laughter surrounded my room; a simple happy feeling overcame me. It made me forget all my worries, all my negative thoughts. And hearing Krystal's laugh, it just made my heart flutter and butterflies dance in my stomach. Just like that Ryan's words boomed in my mind. Do I love Krystal? Is this what love feels like? If it is, I might share a love-hate relationship with this feeling. Because as much as it brings me joy, it makes me worry about Krystal as well. This constant war of joy and worry is...something I beginning to understand slowly.

Soon we ended up kissing on my bed. And kissing turned to make out. Like the one we were paused on a few days ago, by our two roomies back at the cabin. I think we made out for a good few minutes before I pulled back because I wanted to talk. I regretted that decision instantly. But I knew it was needed.

"Why did you stop?" Krystal asked and started blushing herself at her boldness.

"Krys I thought we could talk a bit before continuing. Or do you want to go back to kissing. I am perfectly fine with it." I teased her a bit and it worked. She became a deeper shade of red. And she hid her face in my pillow. I pulled her onto my lap, which only meant Krystal hiding herself in my shirt.