3| No Poopoo Math Is Boring

"..." 

"What?" Ron asked.

"..."

"Helloo?"

I sighed, "It's nothing, let's just go, you'll find out soon enough."

"Good morning, class." Professor Minerva frowned upon the students, but she does that with everyone. 

"Good Morning, Professor Minerva," everyone said with no volume, no emotion, no nothing, except for the fact that it was in sync. With an exception for Scott Edwards, who said everything 3 seconds late.

"Detention."

I tsked with annoyance, should've seen it coming either way. "I'm not even counting the number of times he's gotten detention over the past years, it has to be over a hundred at least," I told Hermione who looked horrified.

"Ms. Evans! Care to share what you're saying with... Ms. Granger here?" Minerva snapped. My eye twitched in anger and forced out a reply. "No.."

"One more word, young woman, and you'll have detention too."

"See what I mean?" I whispered.

"Detention." 

I rolled my eyes.

"What the fuck is up with her?" I heard someone whisper. He had blonde hair and he was talking to this guy who was kinda fine not gonna lie.

Everything.

Professor Minerva glared at them harshly. "Just because you are new does not mean you do not have to pay attention, Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Nott!"

Surprisingly, they didn't even care, only bothered to shrug before continuing to talk.

Professor Minerva huffed and turned around. Then she took out some chalk and began to write.

"Ewww the noise", I cringed. 12 years later I still hate that sound. 

"What did I say about talking, Ms. Evans? You now have detention for the entire week!"

I pretended that I didn't hear her and looked at the board:

Evaluate the following integral.

∫C8ze(x+y)2dx+(2x2+y2)2dy+6xy2zdz,∫C8ze(x+y)2dx+(2x2+y2)2dy+6xy2zdz, where C is parametrized by:

α(t)=((sint)t+12,(sint)t+12,(sint)t+12),0≤t≤π/2.

Someone raised their hand, but it went ignored,

"Why don't you give it a try, Ms. Evans," Professor Minerva suggested. "You sure have a lot to say this class"

I sighed as I hesitantly walked up to the board.

"Uhmm, substitution?"

"Show your work" Professor Minerva demanded. 

I hadn't paid attention to math in the fourth grade honestly, and I wrote the only equation I could think of. 

"y = mx+b"

"Detention for the next month Ms. Evans"

~~<<~~>>~~<<

"Alright, for homework, I want you to answer question 1 in your textbook. If it doesn't take you three hours, you did it wrong. Everyone with detention meets me after school! Class DISMISSED!" Professor Minerva said, and we all walked out.

"That was incredibly boring." I sighed. "I always hope that she retires- or even better, gets fired each year that I come back here, but sadly, it's my senior year and nothing has happened. Yet."

"You got a month of detentions!" Hermione exclaimed incredulously.

"I know, everyone gets at least 5 months in the school year. Even my friend Leah, and she's one of the smartest students here."

"That was gruesome," agreed Harry. "Like Umbridge."

"Eh, we have a break now. See you later", I said shrugging, assuming Umbridge was an inside joke or something.