84| The Truth

I stared at the scene before me warily. Was he going to do it? The crowd and principal (god, I hated her) were looking at the pair expectantly.

Why shouldn't they?

Theo was rich, Kristen was rich. Theo was homecoming king, Kristen was homecoming queen. They had so much in common, from their sassy attitude to their matching sashes!

What else was I to expect? All I needed to do was maintain my cries, and that was that.

Any second now.

1,

2,

3,

4,

5,

I counted all the way to 20. Still nothing happened. So it was going to happen? I was frozen with shock again, but this time in happiness.

They weren't going to kiss!

I could honestly dance the night away after realizing this. I made a few weird gasping noises and then stifled a squeal.

I felt weird, but good.

~~<<~~>>~~<<

After all that, the crowd was disappointed. But I didn't care about what they felt. I exited the party and took a very needed walk through the trees.

But of course, that didn't last long, since I soon wandered into the school, and came across two familiar people arguing: Theo and Draco.

"Why are you being so jealous of me?" Theo asked.

"Who wouldn't? You always get the best stuff! My dad gets sent to Azkaban! My mum was dying, and she was murdered by Aurors who stabbed her! Meanwhile, your dad is killed, and you hated him! Seems convenient, hm? Then you get thanked for things you didn't do! Blaise was the one who paid that fine, not you! And who gets the thanks? YOU! Who persuaded you to tell Kristen to let Carina back on the cheerleading team! It was Blaise! Again! And who gets the thank you? YOU! You have people who genuinely like you! Unlike Katie, who was just a piece of dung! And I'll admit it! I tried to ruin you! I was the one who entered you into the homecoming contest! I even had to pay 10K pounds for it! I was expecting you and that stupid girlfriend of yours to get chosen so you could kiss, and then your reputation would be ruined! But she didn't enter, and you decided not to kiss the rich girl, either! You're here for a week, and suddenly you're the most popular person in the school! WHY do you have so much luck in life!"

...That explained a lot.

"Well, what can you or I do about it? It's luck for a reason, I'm not suddenly a god or something! You're jealous, that's fine! You lost your mum, well guess what? I did too! And don't act like you're the one who has to work to get some extra money! Why else did you think I didn't run out of money paying for your rent! You could've worked too, bought a decent house, lived a decent life! But instead, you go begging to me for money, and then decide to spat at me every chance you have! And Diana is not stupid!"

Draco let out a harsh laugh. "You really think so? Tell yourself that when she forgets about you!"

Theo visibly paled at this, and I was left in confusion. I wasn't going to forget about him! Sure, he was leaving, but we could still keep in touch, right?

Theo was at a loss of words, but said, "Well then why don't you leave and GET. A. JOB! And a new life while you're at it!"

Draco stormed out.

I walked into the room after. "What was that all about?"

Theo stared at me. "You heard us?"

"Well, yeah! You didn't actually sign yourself up?"

"I would've told you if I did."

And just like that, the conversation was over.

~~<<~~>>~~<<

Weeks had gone by, and I wanted to remember every single moment with the exchange students. When they first arrived, the first class, the first words, and now I was to see everyone leave.

I was sad to think that I'd never gotten to know most of them. It was probably too late for introductions, anyway.

The magical world was leaving in a week. But from what Blaise had told me earlier that day, their only transportation was owls, and... let's just say I/anyone else would not be too happy about that.

I was still having a pretty decent time. I saw Kristen having lunch alone one day, and of course I had to investigate.

Leah told me that she'd heard some news from her friend Rachel, who'd heard it from Blaise. Apparently, after the homecoming dance, Theo had completely ditched Kristen and drove away in a silver car that was made of silver.

If that was possible.

Kristen proceeded to call her dad to tell him to buy her a.. Gold car, but he'd claimed that his business had shut down because of some technicalities, and that she would have to get a job.

Kristen was devastated, and told this to her friends. Them being there either because she was rich or they were forced, immediately stopped being all nice to her, and ditched her too.

One of those people, Katie, had told it to another one of her friends, Stacy, and Stacy had told that to Blaise. No one knew if all the gossip was true, but some specific evidence deemed it as right.

It seemed like a lot of people were happy of how that unfolded, and that was including me. Kristen had gotten her karma, and that was all that mattered. (mostly)

All in all, I was happy.

Classes were still, truly boring. In chemistry class, though, I heard that damn electric voice again, telling me to report to the office.

I swear, if it was because I skipped school 2 years ago or something, I would scream. But I had pretty high hopes, since nothing too bad had happened to me for weeks.

I maybe should've taken that detail into consideration.

As I entered, I knew something was wrong. There were... magical people, professors, principals, a few students, including... Theo.

"W-what's wrong?" I stammered as they looked at me.

"Ms. Evans. We have heard from... sources, that you have been told about magic. This is, of course, breaking the Statue of Secrecy, but since no evidence was found that someone told you, we have come to the conclusion that you figured it out yourself. Therefore, no one will be punished, but we must still do one thing," An old woman spoke.

Who had snitched?

"-We must obliviate you. Erase your memory of us." She finished, and my jaw nearly dropped.

I looked desperately at Theo. Are you really going to let this happen? I mouthed, and I could tell that he knew what I was saying, but refused eye contact.

I could sense tears forming in my eyes. No memory of this, at all? I would just go back to being a normal girl with a normal life?

"We are, of course, deeply sorry for these circumstances," she started again. "-But it must be done."

I would never recall these moments. Not in my past, not in my present, not in my future. They were going to be gone. Right now.

The last thing I saw was someone who looked like a police officer pointing his wand at me.

"Obliviate."

THE END IS SO NEAR! And sorry to all those who thought Theo paid the fine.

Plus, to who said that they would jump off a cliff if the two kissed, you're welcome!

-flower