9| #relatable

Thankfully, the mood was completely different in Biology then Literature. Instead of the dimly light classroom full of black, Professor Demerta's classroom was covered in flowers and high, glass windows. 

"Hello everyone! It's so nice to finally see you again. Since it's the first day of school back, would anyone like to share what they did over the break?"

A few hands rose in the air, though compared to the 37 hands that were still down, this class didn't seem to be the most enthusiastic. 

"How about....you Kristen. How was your summer?"

"Welllllll", Kristen said, drawing out the 'l', "I went to my mom's private club and it was soooo cool. We all got these huge diamonds as-"

And... that was the furthest my patience was getting me. Knowing Kristen, she would be talking for hours about the new cars she got and I really needed the sleep after all the shenanigans today. 

~~<<~~>>~~<<

"Diana! Diana!"

I woke up with a start to a faceful of blonde hair. "Wha- what's going on?"

Professor Demerta looked down angrily as she brushed her hair out of my face. "Please tell me what it says on page 51 Diana"

I quickly sat up, rubbed my eyes, and flipped to page 51. "uhhh Sleep is a recurring state of mind and... body, characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhabited- sorry inhibited sensory activity, reduced motion, and loss of nearly all voluntary muscles during rapid eye- rapid eye movement sleep. It is distinguished from wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to... stimuli... but is more reactive than a coma or disorders of consciousness, with sleep displaying different, active brain patterns."

"Thank you, Diana. And since you find sleeping to be more important than my class, I want an essay on it tomorrow. Otherwise, can everyone please continue with their notes of chapter 1? I will be stamping papers as I walk by which will be essential at the end of the year!"

I nodded grimly and began to work on my notes as well, hoping Demetra would forget all about this by tomorrow. I really don't think I'll be able to do so much homework tonight whilst keeping those monkies in check. 

Speaking of which... I turned around to see Zabini not paying attention, Malfoy stabbing a pencil on his desk, making the lead break, while Nott tapped his fingers on the desk in an interesting rhythm. 

"buh buh bu bu buhn buhn buhn buhn buhnnnn"

Right as I finished my first bullet point on living organisms, Professor Demerta snapped once more as Malfoy moved to sharpen his pencil for the 18th time. "Mr. Malfoy! Do you need help with the chapter?"

He flushed a light pink. "No"

"So you're done?", Demerta asked incredulously. 

"...obviously"

"Then you wouldn't mind telling me 6 different examples of living things?"

Animals, plants, fungi, algae, protozoans, and bacteria obviously, I thought to myself. No way he knew that though. I thought he would be stumped but instead, his grey eyes stared at me, burning a hole in my soul.

"Animals, plants, fungi, algae, protozoans, and b-aec-bacteria" he drawled.

Professor Demerta frowned. "I'll need to have a talk with you after class Mr. Malfoy. Now, Mr. Nott, please take your drumming to the band director if you please, Mr. H right?"

Without looking up, Nott just shrugged and continued tapping his fingers. 

"buh buh bu bu buhn buhn buhn buhn buhnnnn"

"Oh stop it will you!", Zabini muttered. "You've got to be the only one who remembers that stupid Hogwarts song Dumbledore made us sing."

Professor Demerta looked at him strangely but chose to ignore him. Instead, she turned her attention back to Nott. "I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on dear. What's wrong?"

This time, Nott looked up and stared at her lifelessly. "Mind your own business, foolish woman"

Professor Demerta took a deep breath in. "I would like you to stay after class. Mr. Zabini, list three different characteristics of an organism"

"As Theo said, mind your own business"

"Alright. Class dismissed" Professor Demerta snapped. "You lot can try to get through medical school without me"

The class eyed each other wearily but nobody except for Zabini, Nott, and Malfoy left. Instead, we all just waited awkwardly as Professor Demerta made herself a bowl of cereal. 

"Er- professor" Hermione interrupted. "I've finished everything on the to-do list."

Professor Demerta glared at her. "Then read the next chapter girl."

Everyone grew awkwardly quiet after that and it was another relief when the bell rang and everyone made a mad dash to the exit. 

As the hallway once again filled with noise, the intercom crackled, "Jick and Brason Grace. Please report to the office. Jick and Brason Grace"

I sighed, what life-threatening injuries have the twins acquired today?