8| Snotty and Stranger?

Inside the classroom were two new teachers that I had never seen before. Hopefully, last year's retired. 

"Erm, hello, are we late?" I asked, nervously walking in.

One of them glared at me with a burning hatred for some reason which reminded me strangely of Nott, then turned his attention to the students filing in behind me. 

"Take a seat everyone," the professor said coldly. "My name is Professor Snotty, and he's Professor Stranger."

A couple of people snickered but quickly shut up when they saw his glare as well. Most didn't look too perturbed, though Nott turned a sickly shade of green.

"In this class," Professor Stranger said monotonously, "We will be reading Red Queen. Turn to page 1."

"Theodore, pay attention, or I will not hesitate to give you detention!" Professor Snotty snapped, although he hadn't even made any insulting remarks yet. 

For a professor, Professor Snotty was certainly snobby.

I opened the book and began to read. Almost as soon as I finished a paragraph, the professors interrupted us. 

"Alright! Theodore, what does Tiberias Calore VI do to Ptolemus in the arena?"

Nott stared at Snotty blankly but didn't open his mouth to say a word for once. On the contrary, he pressed his lips tighter together. 

When it became clear he had no intention to speak, Professor Stranger huffed. "Detention! Does anybody know the answer?"

I hurriedly flipped to the end of the book, searching for the answer. 

A shadow to the flame was all I had the chance to read before Professor Snotty called on me. 

"You! Muggle! What's the answer?"

That was the same thing that Malfoy called me earlier. Nott too. Maybe they know each other?

"Tiberias feels inferior to P- uhh P- Polly?", I guessed, cringing at the absurdity of my reply. 

"Detention! Everyone has the rest of the class to finish the bloody book and write a summary!"

I sighed and put my head into my arms, wishing for the class to end. I had to have at least 40 days of detention from various teachers by now. 

Finally, when the bell rang, I rushed out and opted to wait outside with Malfoy and Zabini while Nott stormed up to the Professor Snotty. 

Through the closed door, I could hear fragments of words and a whole load of shouting. 

"Fa-"

"-Doing here?"

"-Kaban,"

"betrayal- the boy who lived has valuable- no- blood"

"-id you get here?"

"-ind you."

"What?"

"-espected the Dark Lord."

"-dead-"

"we who- always- survive- never"

"OUT!" Professor Snotty suddenly yelled and a minute later, the door burst open with Nott practically fuming. 

Not wanting to be on the receiving end of any remaining anger, I quickly scrambled away. "Biology next!", I squeaked as I hurried off.