10| I Made a Mistake

"Hello, I'm Polo. Take out your books." said the professor in a completely monotone voice. "Don't touch me, please. I have a very serious skin disease called ghostilonia."

..If I remembered correctly, his name was Plades, but whatever.

Just as we were about to begin, the intercom crackled once more.

Good Evening, everyone, said a static voice, my apologies for the interruption but all new students and their ambassadors, please report to the auditorium immediately for an assembly. We will be further discussing dorm arrangements and class schedules. Have a nice day"

I motioned to Nott, Malfoy, and Blaise to follow me out of the classroom, along with a few other ambassadors and transfers.

We all walked across the school together and thanks to Professor Plades's class being on the second floor, the auditorium was nearly full by the time we arrives. 

The second I entered the door, Hylla ran up to me. "There you are! Principal Deliah's just agreed to let us switch for the entire year! Can we please?"

"I-I guess," I shrugged unsurely. It took quite a few seconds to comprehend what I had just agreed to.

"Yay!" Hylla hugged her and the second she was out of earshot, I rushed into the nearest bathroom and screamed at the top of my lungs. Just kidding. 

I just internally screamed in my head before finding a seat in the back with Leah. 

Honestly, ever since Literature Nott had been so much more bearable and I dared to hope that maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. 

~~<<~~>>~~<<

As Principal Deliah walked up the stage, most talking died down. "I hope everyone is having a good evening!"

"I'm not", I whispered to Leah, who giggled and shushed me. Wow.

"I would like to announce that we will be hosting a welcome party for the exchange students. This year, the dance theme will be The Unexpected! That is, I expect traditions to be broken and different outfits all around. However, all rules will apply as this is still a school-sanctioned dance."

Cheers and boos erupted across the stadium. 

"Now, now, on to the dorm situation", Principal Deliah continued. "There have been a few changes made to accommodate requests, please take a look at the screen"

Diana Evans: Not Shared

Leah Smith: Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood

Greta Allen: Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil, and Padma Patil

Freya Taylor: Not Shared

George Jones: Zacharias Smith

Hylla Drakos: Hermione Granger

Jordan Wilson: Michael Corner and Colin Creevy

Kaylee Kratz: Hera Wood

Ophelia Mace: Linda Snape, Poppy Carell, Jessica Avery

Blaire Pertufe: Lilliana Carols, Alexis Clearwater, Bianca Di Angelo

Silena Noir: Celeste Rodriguez and Cassieopeia Lestrange

Lester Papadopoulos: Jason Grace and Frank Jackson

James Reen: Not Shared

Renee Ealops: Astoria Greengrass and Ella Macnair

Annabella Fawley: Abigail Hrugnir

Marigold Lesso: Irene Rosier

Thomas Raine: Mathew Travers and Liam Thyme

Amanda Panes: Cadence Berte and Addison Agnes

Reyna Pilloy: Not Shared

"Next I'd like the transfer students to get accustomed to the school traditions. Here at Laybell, the clubs and teams will be open to anyone interested! There will be a roster available online, along with tryout dates. Besides participating, you are also welcome to come support out school in any games that take place within the school!" 

"I think that's it now everyone! You may head back to your dorms and get a little extra time for homework!"

I stood up quickly - god knew I needed that time - , bid farewell to Leah, and rushed to Nott, Malfoy, and Zabini. "I've got to go now...but could you guys give me your numbers? I don't need to get in trouble for losing you guys", I added on awkwardly. 

Although Zabini seemed happy to hand his number out to me, Malfoy and Nott seemed less inclined. 

"Uhhh, well here's my number then I guess. Call me if you need anything", I said quickly before leaving.