71| So Is He Missing Or Not?

"Oh my gosh I'm scared to look!" squealed Carina, closing her eyes shut tightly.

To be honest, I was too, but mustering up all my courage, I was the one who looked in the end. It was the person that everyone assumed to be 'missing'.

Why did it always have to be Nott?

Carina, completely ignoring the fact that he was supposed to have gone missing, started to talk.

"Wow, you scared me! For a second I thought you were a monster. And are kittens really not allowed? That's a pity.. anyways, how did you get in here? I thought this was a strictly girls only place- strike that, I thought it was my territory for the year? Did you climb through the window? Or even worse, were you spying on us? Why weren't you in class? What-?" I cut her off before she could say more.

"You're supposed to be missing!" I hissed.

"What, so you want me to be gone?" he raised an eyebrow.

I could feel my cheeks flush. "Well, I- er- you were- just forget it!" I stuttered. "Now on to what I meant! Why did you make up a whole scheme of you going missing just so you could climb through our window?"

"Oh.. so you climbed through our window.." Carina nodded observantly.

"Not the time!"

She almost continued talking before I clamped my hand over her mouth. "Mm! Shhft! FFFOOF!" She struggled to speak.

Nott ignored her words and answered my question. "I didn't create a scheme. I did go missing, if you call it that."

"So you got kidnapped?"

"No, I left."

"For what reason? To skip school?"

"I wouldn't do that." Although he seemed like he would.

"Then why?"

"No reason.."

I gave him a look, and he fidgeted a bit in his spot. I caught a glimpse of his side, which seemed to be soaked with blood.

He noticed me staring at it and quickly turned to the side.

"W-what happened?" I asked frantically. "Do you need, like the nurse or anything?"

"I'm fine," he sniffed.

"No you're not, oh my gosh," I lifted the cloth to reveal a large gash on his hip.

"Don't-" he kneeled down in an attempt to swat my hands away. He failed and lost his balance, bumping his head into mine.

My cheeks turned even redder, and I could hear Carina giggling in the background.

I'm terrible I know, I didn't post for five days and give you this short chapter.. please go read what I posted on my profile, it'll pretty much explain everything. I'm extremely sorry for all of the inconvenience :(

(Btw, I'm most likely going to Texas in a few weeks if nothing goes wrong)

I really hope you understand!

-flower