35| "Horrible" Diana

When I came back, I didn't think of anything about how messed up my life was. I was perfectly happy. For now.

Humming to myself as I walked down the hallway, I couldn't help but overhear a shout coming from the exchange student's dormitory.

"DIANA'S HORRIBLE! WHY WOULD I EVER LIKE HER?!" yelled a voice, which I very much recognized to be Blaise's.

My hands shaking, I slumped down and felt tears welling up in my eyes.

And all that time I thought he liked me.. I thought, then let out a small cry and ran away.

Voices of distant "I think she heard you" rang in my ears, but I didn't care. Sitting down on an empty stairway, I broke down.

"Look Diana, I-"

"Go away!" I cried, not even bothering to look around, as I already knew very well who it was.

"Just-"

"GO AWAY!" I snarled, and I heard him backing up. Taking a deep breath, I steadied my air stream and inhaled deeply. Leah found me and tried to cheer me up, but my mind wasn't on her.

"H-hey.. calm down, I got some good news from Carina."

"What?" I sniffled.

"She's back on the cheerleading team!"

"Really?" I asked, wiping my eyes relievedly.

"Yup! Kristen said that Theo told her to put her back on the team. You can do so much better than Blaise, you know."

"T-Theo? He told her?"

"It's not that hard to believe. Just go thank him or something."

"You sure?"

"Relax. What could go wrong?"

I sighed and approached Nott who just happened to turn in by the corner.

"Um, hi.."

He ignored me and raised his eyebrow in a what do you want manner.

"Just like to say.. Thanks for telling Kristen to let Carina back on the team. And I never thanked you for paying half of the fine.. So-" I was about to rush away when I felt Blaise's angry gaze on my back.

I pushed it out of my mind and fled the scene, feeling embarrassed.

"So you thanked him?" Leah asked.

"Yeah.."

"Nice. Anyway, I heard that we're having ANOTHER party on Halloween. So.. uh, yeah."

"And let me guess. We're having a Thanksgiving party after that, then Christmas break, and then the camping trip, Valentine's day party, St. Patrick's day party, April Fools day party, and so on."

"How'd you know?"

I groaned.

"But we're not having an April Fool's one."

"Thank goodness."

We parted ways soon after that, and I fell asleep back in the dormitory. I had the weirdest dream ever.

"Take BEEP and run!" ushered a man with glasses. I couldn't tell what the name was.

"B-but-" the redhead protested.

"RUN!" he yelled.

She ran up the stairs while I heard distant cries. "AVADA KEDAVRA!" then silence.

"Step aside, girl." hissed the mysterious person.

"Never!"

"Step aside."

She didn't budge.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" I watched him use a stick to point at her, with green light shooting out of it.

The woman fell down, motionless. Dead.

He looked at the baby maliciously.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" once more.

It hit the boy, but rebounded onto him. One last scream, and he disappeared.

The baby was crying loudly.

AN: You might be wondering why I added that. Um, I actually don't know.. But-

I awoke with a start. Checking the time and realizing I was going to be late for my first class, I jumped out of bed, not having second thoughts about the dream.

Probably just my imagination. None of that was real. I thought reassuringly.

Yeeee updated again I have in-person school today so can't talk for long!! Ty again to bmalfoy100 for voting and commenting!

-flower