43| I Hate Haunted Houses

A few hours later, it was finally time for the Halloween party! To be honest, I wasn't even that excited for it but Diana was dying to know if Draco was actually going to wear a terrorist.

I got into my costume, and grumpily put the cat ears on.

"I look ridiculous."

"Yes, you do." I swung around.

"NOTT! What are you doing here?"

"Nothing much. You're just loud. And you do look ridiculous."

"Whatever"

He shrugged and went off.

I growled as I watched him leave. "Stupid, stupid."

Ring-Ring-Ring! I picked it up.

"WHAT?"

"D-Diana? I'm waiting for you outside," said Carina.

"Oh. Sorry, just in a bad mood."

"Um, talk to you later?"

"Yeah"

I continued to stare at myself in the mirror. I still looked ridiculous. Grabbing my stuff, I just sighed and headed out.

"FINALLY, you're here! Your costume looks great!"

"Thanks."

"You're very welcome. Now, Leah said she was already at the party, so.. Yeah let's go."

I followed her to the grassy field, now decorated in spooky decor, with games and booths all around.

"Hey! Carina, Diana! Over here!!" yelled Leah, waving at us.

Once we'd walked over, Leah excitedly put a pumpkin bean bag in my hand.

"Throw it in those holes! It's really fun," she explained.

"Uh.. okay?" I threw it shakily, causing it to slip out, not making it.

"You really do suck at everything," stated someone else behind me, and I took in a deep breath to face Nott again, this time dressed in his costume.

"Shut. Up." I glared at him menacingly.

"And why should I? I speak nothing but the truth," he answered smugly.

I ignored him. "Leah, I think I've had enough of this game,"

"You can go play the pumpkin toss with Carina!"

"Pumpkin.. Toss? No thank you."

"Ooh! The Haunted House!" she pointed at a big house that I didn't even realize existed.

"Uh.."

"I was just heading there," said Nott.

"Maybe later.." I told Leah.

"Just go with him!" she squealed, pushing me forward.

"What- hey!"

"Are you scared?" Nott smirked.

"O-of course not! It's just that-"

"Then come on," he rolled his eyes.

I spluttered at him. I could see Leah waving excitedly at the corner of my eyes. Before getting to do anything, however, I heard a creepy voice.

"wElCOmE tO ThE haUnTEd HOusEEEEEEE."

I shrieked, and Nott laughed. "Told you you were scared."

"I- let's just go!" I grumbled.

"It isn't over yet." he pulled me in, and I was greeted by a fluttering of bats making scary noises. And if that didn't scare me enough, a ghost suddenly jumped in front of me, saying "ENTER IF YOU DARE"

"EEK!" I shut my eyes. "Shut it, Nott." I said after a few seconds, but he didn't stop snickering.

We continued, much to my dismay, and soon a skeleton carrying some realistic looking dead bodies and an enormous knife came barreling forward.

"Wh-what i-is this t-thing?" I panted between breaths after diving downward. "Okay, that better be it."

I said wrong. Seconds later, several skulls dropped from the ceiling, each with an equally as frightening face on each of them.

"AHK!" I shuddered, nearly avoiding a skull. Thankfully, nothing else came, but forward, what looked like a red pit was placed in front of us.

"I-is that blood?" I shakily asked. Nott said nothing, looking perfectly fine. "T-they want us to cross that BRIDGE?" I questioned horrifically.

I squeezed my eyes shut once again, and tried to think of anything but the bridge. Once I was in the middle, the bridge started to rock uncontrollably, and the red stuff started to come forward. Was I going to fall? No. This was a perfectly safe, haunted house. Okay, that sounded bad. But plenty of people came here before.. So I was fine.

I walked, trembling to the end, bumping into Nott. "When did you get here?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"You were really slow," he shrugged.

"Y-you know what? I'm leaving." I gave him one last glare before storming off.

Another chapter done!! And as always.. TY to percyjacksongirl28 for adding my story to their reading list!! And TYYY to bmalfoy100 again for voting and commenting!!

-flower