7| Nott could be the Next Amber Heard

Next up was cooking, and -groan- Nott and Malfoy would be there as well since Hylla had the same elective as me. 

Nott and Malfoy came in first, with Hylla - who was crying - and Zabini behind them. 

"Are you okay?"

Hylla put her face in her hands and waved off her transfers to the only other empty desk. "No! They keep going on and on about how much money they have and how they're so much better, and I've gotten detention from Professor Minerva for losing them during lunch - but I was in the bathroom trying to clean up the mess Zabini made when the mirror "distorted" his features!"

That would explain why she wasn't there during the.. situation.

I nodded sympathetically and patted her back, awkwardly trying to hug her. It was always so awkward when someone was crying. 

"It'll be fine...how about we switch just for the rest of the day?" I blurted out, instantly regretting what I said immediately. 

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no. 

Hylla brightened almost immediately though, and I couldn't take my words back. "Would you really? Thank you, thank you!"

Sighing, I nodded and headed over to the transfer students. I might as well tell them the good news. 

Nott sneered at me almost immediately, but that was to be expected, "What are you doing here?"

I gritted my teeth in frustration and bit out, "Hylla can't deal with you anymore so now it's my turn to babysit you" 

Just then, the door opened and before I could stop him, he waved in Professor Vestia's face.

Professor Vestia looked at him, startled, "Yes Mister Theodore?" She seemed pretty tired.

"I hate this class."

The entire class gasped and they all leaned forward eagerly to see what Vestia would say.  

Fortunately for Nott, she just rubbed her head and pursed her lips, "Nott, please move your belongings upfront. You will be working with me for the day. And detention for disrupting my class."

Any lesser narcissist would be ashamed but Nott just picked up his bag and strutted to the front with more confidence than Meghan Markle. As he left, I couldn't help but notice a German crest of royalty imprinted on his bag - perhaps he had more royal blood than even Duchess Markle. 

~~<<~~>>~~<<

"Alright, today we're going to learn how to cook strawberry shortcake. Exchange students, I've heard that you're a bit, behind so step away from the stoves and observe for now. Recipes are in the back" said Professor Vestia, making her way to the exchange student's desks.

"I don't get why they're so behind on everything" Carina, sighed, annoyed. "Minerva gave us all detention because someone asked what an eraser was!"

"Yeah, I wanted to take a selfie and Ginny looked at me like it was a bomb", Leah laughed. 

"You will never guess what-", I began. 

"-Stop dawdling girls or I'll give you detention", drawled Vestia, and I quickly moved away from Carina and Leah to pick up the recipe sheet.

3 pints fresh strawberries

½ cup white sugar

2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

2 tablespoons white sugar

¼ teaspoon salt