68| Feeling.. Stupid?

The wintery air was still freezing the tips of my fingers, but I ventured into the snow for the search. Why I cared so much, I didn't know. He was probably alright, anyway.

"Blaise?" I called out.

"Hello? Are you there?" I yelled.

"What?"

"AHH! You scared me!"

"You called me,"

"Where were you?"

"What do you mean? I told Theo I was on my way," he waved his phone in my face, making me feel extremely stupid.

I could practically feel my cheeks flush. "Just forget it," I muttered and kicked the snow, only to bump into a hard rock. The rock won.

I stumbled over it, my ankle crumpling as I did so. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," I hissed as my ankle gave in and refused to move. I looked desperately into the distance, but Blaise had walked off.

"Take it slow," I whispered, before wobbling to my feet. "Easy.." After the span of an ETERNITY, I finally clobbered to the creepy house.

"Phew," I gasped as I walked in, immediately collapsing onto the couch.

"What happened? Finally broke your foot from diving in dumpsters?" Kristen questioned.

"No, now shut up,"

She shrugged and went back to painting her nails.

I silently tried some ankle exercises, but Nott looked up so I tried to act casual. After he went back to whatever he was doing, I started again.

"You're weird," I swore I heard him mutter.

"It's 2 PM," I noted. "Are we going to be here all day? I'm bored,"

"That's your problem," Malfoy said in a meh tone, ignoring my first question.

"Ugh! I'm going out,"

"Go ahead."

I let out a breath and walked outside, feeling a bit more sturdy.

"Almost there.." I stepped softly across the snow.

"Okay.. AHHH!" I tripped and fell. "UGH!" I hissed, trying to support myself up.

I heard a voice behind me that had said something that didn't make any sense, elisky? Looked like some gibberish to me, but when I turned around, there was no one there after a small POP! Sound. It was weird.

Then I felt a snap in my ankle and shrieked, but when it died down, my ankle felt perfectly fine. "H-how.." I gaped at it.

I tried walking once again, and it was as easy as before I got hurt. "Huh. HUH!" I beamed and finally got the chance to run. Run far, far away from that weird place.

Swerving through some tree stumps, I somehow ran across the entire park, though I didn't notice.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked, but no one. "I'm gonna get lost.." I muttered, and turned around to run the other way.

In the distance, I heard a speaker. "EVERYONE, I HOPE YOU WEREN'T HAVING FUN, SINCE WE HAVE TO GO NOW. THE BUSES WILL BE OPEN FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES BEFORE WE DRIVE OFF, SO GET HERE QUICKLY!"

What kind of speakers were those? Nonetheless, I ran to the direction of the speakers, but that turned to be a dumb move, since it cost me 5 minutes AND it was nowhere near the bus.

"I cannot miss the bus!" I almost yelled aloud before sprinting away, clueless to where I was going, but then spotted a map.

And since my luck was so terrible, the entrance was fairly far away. I sprinted again, stumbling slightly, and trying to catch my breath. Not the best idea, but I reached it before that weird speaker started counting down.

"The buses will be departing in 10.."

I quickly ran on and sat on the nearest seat possible, oblivious to who I'd sat next to.

"9..."

I buckled the seat belt, letting out a sigh of relief.

"8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

I was glad I arrived early since the last eight numbers were counted at an impossible speed. Next thing I knew, the bus lurched forward, and the bus started to move. Then I finally came to my senses and examined my surroundings.

And guess who I decided to sit next to!

Nott! Just kidding, I don't have THAT bad luck..

I DO!

I narrowed my eyes at him and tried to scoot as far away as possible, before he noticed me.

"What are you doing here?"