74| I'm Definitely Not- Wait What?

"That'll be 29 pounds," said the man at the checkout section.

I nervously laughed. "Yeah, just a sec.." I furiously checked my pocket for any leftover money. Sadly, there was none.

"I'll pay!" piped up Carina. I felt relieved, and gave her a grateful look.

AN: Alright, huge thank you to https://dollars2pounds.com/ I WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT THIS CONVERTING THINGIE and make mistakes like in one of the earlier chapters 😔

After a bit, I was outside, carrying some green headphones.

"You owe me now," Carina told me matter-of-factly. "I'm almost broke."

"So.. what am I supposed to do to make us even?"

"Hmm... kiss Theo."

"WHAT?!?!?!" I yelled, and was glad that we weren't in a library, or else things would've gotten nasty.

"Yup! Do it by next week, or else I'm refunding the headphones."

"Then 'Theo' doesn't get his present!" I gave her an innocent look.

"You're right.. Then I'll.. just do it, okay?"

"..."

"Fine, I'll dump water over you when you're least expecting it!"

"I'd rather get wet then.. You know.."

"Well then, you'd better be extra cautious! I'll be watching," she told me.

"Ugh.."

"Alright, let's go now! Text me when you get back!" she called, and walked off.

I did as well, then awkwardly realized that since we were both returning to school, we were going.. In the same direction.

I silently followed her, and reached my dorm room as fast as possible.

But I still had things to do. Sitting up, I took a look at the headphones.

He'd appreciate them, right? Would he even wear them? What would he look like? Would it look better if I wrapped it? Do I have tape? Or wrapping paper? I think so.. There! He'd better like it.

I wonder what he's doing right now. Hanging out with his girlfriend, probably.. Does he even have a girlfriend? If he does, who? Kristen? Wait 'till she finds out he's a garbage truck driver.. How would she react? Probably break up with him.. Then he'll be single!

Wait, what am I thinking?

I snapped out of my thoughts, narrowing my eyes at my head. "Screw you, brain.." I muttered. I looked at the wrapped gift in front of me. It looked a bit sloppy. Whatever.

~~<<~~>>~~<<

(Time skip to the day before Theo's birthday because why not)

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I picked up my phone. "Hello?"

"Diana!" Carina greeted.

"Hi! What's up?"

"Tomorrow's the last day you have to kiss Theo!" she said simply.

"I- thought we were over on that!"

"I'll forget about it when you do it! Or not! I'll probably talk about it forever. What's the ship name again? Theana? Yeah, I think that was it. I'll be waiiiting,"

"Well, I didn't get invited, so yay for me," I said dryly through the phone.

"Did you check your locker? I heard he put them in there,"