79| An Escape Plan

No, I wasn't. I was going to survive, I was going to save us both, I was going to see Leah and Carina again, I was going to see my family, Draco, Blaise, even Kristen. I just had to figure out.. HOW.

I was not going to be able to grab anything and plummet it at him, I couldn't run, couldn't hide, couldn't call for help.

In other words.. Doomed.

But I just said I was going to survive. So... half-doomed? But- I didn't have time to react before e Mr. Nott threw the rock at me. I hid behind a huge rock. Suddenly, I developed a very messed up, quick plan.

(This wasn't quick it actually took me a pretty long time even if it still sucks)

So... breaking his wand helped, but didn't completely diminish his power. He could, apparently, use no sticks to cast magic, which did... not make sense, but magic didn't either. But, assuming he couldn't do much without a wand, maybe I could... somehow grab something, sharp, and throw it at him before he had time to process the situation. Unless he stopped it in midair.. If that was possible. Well, judging from all this- it was possible. However, if there was a chance to knock him out quick enough.. But how? In this scenario, I could knock him out with a rock, could yell until he left, (which was not the best choice), bang him with a stalagmite or something, or construct a bow sort of thing and hoped my aim didn't suck.

SO... doomed.

Ugh. I ended up picking the third choice. (round of applause for Diana, best choice of the year. *note the sarcasm)

I looked around vaguely, spotting a stalagmite protruding from the ground. If I could pull it out fast enough, then that would be great. Now, all I needed was..

A miracle.

I waited for a good ten seconds, but no miracle came to aid me like what happens in fairy tales. I sighed, and then focused on the stalagmite. It was inches away from me. Piece of cake. Or cave, if you wanted to say that.

I scooted slowly towards it, and desperately yanked on it. Reminded me of that cartoon of people pulling carrots.

WARNING: Do not try this at home.

Obviously, it didn't come out immediately, or even worse, ever. I grabbed a small rock and hacked at the ground, hoping to crack it enough for me to pull it out.

It didn't work as well as I'd expected. After a long time of doing pointless stuff, I got a tiny dent. It was about as easy as digging your way out of a steel room with a plastic spoon.

I didn't have much time left either.

(I actually don't know how you pull out stalagmites, internet probably thought I was crazy 😂)

Then I gained an even crazier idea. I could somehow get a spell to rebound towards the stalagmite, and pull it out! I just had to get it at the right angle, or else it would blast it into pieces. I could sense footsteps advancing towards me, so I threw rocks out from behind me, each one most likely missing their target.

I knew I wasn't going to make it, so I stood in front of the stalagmite, concealing most of it. Mr. Nott walked 'in', scowl on his face.

"You fought well," he started, his lips turning into a sadistic grin.

I don't even have to tell you what he said next, it was probably the most predictable line ever.

"But now you must die," he continued. 

"You really thought you could defeat me? I have powers beyond your imagination! Theo is worthless! You may have found us because of some stupid notes that his mother left, but that doesn't mean you win!"

"His mother?" I gaped.

"Are you really that shallow? His mother was alive all along, but I placed a contraption on her. She is to be dead if I push this-" he pulled out a button- "so she's too afraid to show herself. I could press it right now, and her life will be over. But you see, I have mercy for her actions. She couldn't do more than lead another life to their death. You wonder why you had that dream? About a couple dying? I did it. It was a true scene, the death of Harry Potter's parents. Clever, since you figured it all out, but what a waste of knowledge." he sneered.

"You may have broken my weapon, but it's not the only weapon I have!"

Oh, shoot. He brought a backup wand too? Pistol? Knife? I paled at each thought.

Turns out he was just being dramatic. He cast a few spells, none of them being too harmful. As he said, "Confringo!" However, I jumped to the side, and the stalagmite loosened. I smiled, but not for long. He yelled another one, and shards of rock flew all over the place, including me.

I shrieked as two embedded themselves into my left leg. Mr. Nott smirked. He didn't have time to notice me jumping over to the stalagmite. With a bit of effort, I pulled it out, and tossed it over to him. He didn't catch it, and was hit, knocked out cold. I beamed triumphantly, then realizing how tired I actually was.

My leg throbbed, my lungs were burning, my shirt was ruined, and my heart was beating uncontrollably. I limped out, searching for Theo. At that moment, however, the cave chose to fully fall down.