27| Having A Nice Old Chat With Friends, Forgetting How Messed Up My Life Is

"You guys are in the back already?" asked Blaise, leaning over his seat.

I gritted my teeth in anger at the mention of them and was tempted to slam my foot against the brake.

The car ride was silent as I tried to sort out my thoughts, then wanted to band my head on the steering wheel after seeing how hopeless I was.

We arrived back at school in a few minutes, and I flung my bag over my shoulder and locked my car, running back into the building.

My phone rang, and there was an incoming call from Carina.

"Hello?"

"FINALLY! Leah, she's not dead!"

"Oh my gosh, Diana, you have no idea how worried we were! You're like, 30 minutes late."

"I sort of- ran into an accident. Now I have to pay 100K pounds by next week or I'm going to be arrested!"

Silence.

"WHAT?!?!?! Where are you gonna find all that money from?"

"I don't know, so I'm freaking out!"

"Um, maybe just let it go for now and worry about it later? The welcome party's in a few days."

"Urghh... I don't even want to do homework right now."

"When have you ever?"

"Good point."

"I can do it for you!"

"Really?"

"Sure!"

"Seriously, Leah, you couldn't have told me that when I got stuck on that literature question and you were like, "Figure it out by yourself, I'm not doing your work for you!"

"Shush! Don't make her tempted to not do my homework!"

"I'm still here guys, you know?"

"Oof."

"Double oof."

"Well, I got to go now."

"Bye!!!"

"Bye!"

I went into my room and punched my bed. I felt good to let my anger out. Not even bothering to check on the boys to see if they had made it back okay, I sat on my bed, looking at the spot I had punched it on. I was satisfied.

For now.

The next day passed, along with the next. Soon, the welcome party drew nearer and nearer. Everyone was whispering about it.

I found myself in my bedroom with Leah and Carina, getting ready.

"How should I wear my eyeshadow? Should I do purple..? But I don't want to match TOO much, so how about.. white?" Carina asked.

"Do white," piped up Leah.

"And you can do gold! Jordan will be sooo impressed," she joked.

Leah blushed, and we laughed.

"Diana, you can do silver! Let me help you put it on, PLEASE????"

"Okay.."

"Yes! So.. those eyebags are going away.."

Soon, we were all done.

"Ready?" Carina asked.

"Never was more." and, smiling confidently, the happiest I'd felt in a month, I stepped into the ball.

I should get praised for this! Two chapters in a row... I'm a pro :>

-flower