58| It's Snowing! Nice

"It seriously moved!! I'm not joking, Leah!" I said frantically over the phone.

"It was probably just your imagination!"

"Yeah, I thought that too, before the skull LITERALLY made a CREAKING NOISE!"

"Stop worrying about that! You missed the band concert!"

"I could've been killed! I think that's a good enough excuse!"

"I'm telling you, it was just. Your. Imagination!"

"What if it wasn't?"

"Then why in the world were his objects moving?"

"I don't know, ask him! He's the creepy guy here-"

"Just forget it! Keep in mind though, your professors are probably gonna notice that you didn't attend the concert.."

"Well, I went to some of it!"

"They're gonna say something like, 'Do I look like I care?' or something!"

"Ugh. Well, talk to you later?"

"Yeah."

"Bye!"

"Bye,"

I hung up, and sighed. I had to get to my next class.

~~<<~~>>~~<<

"Ms. Evans! You're late. Again," Professor Vestia noticed.

"Sorry.." I muttered sheepishly.

"Fine, I'll let it slide. But if I catch you late again.."

"I get it."

"Good. Now take a seat, the exchange students arrived before you," she said stiffly. I did as she said.

"Okay, now today we're going to be learning how to make tiramisu. It's a fairly complicated dessert, so don't worry if you don't get it on the worst try! We're going to do the cake part first, so the recipes on your desk only include that."

I looked down to see it.

-

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, for greasing the pans

4 extra-large eggs

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

-

"Everyone has their recipes?" We nodded. "Good, now look at the directions:"

-

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Grease two 6-inch springform pans with the butter.

Line the bottom of each pan with a disk of parchment paper, and grease the parchment paper.

In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whip attachment, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla for the ladyfinger cake and blend on medium-high speed until the mixture doubles in volume.

Add the flour, and blend on low speed until incorporated.

Divide the batter evenly between the prepared springform pans.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cakes are just cooked and begin to pull away from the side of the pans.

Remove from the oven and let cool.

Once cool, remove the cakes from the pans, peel off the parchment paper, and set aside.

-

"Now you can get started! All the exchange students, we're going to be making chicken nachos. Please sit in the front."

30 minutes later..

"Oh dear! It seems like we've run out of time. Everyone, those who haven't finished, it's homework. Those who have, no homework! Thank you for coming, everyone!"

~~<<~~>>~~<<

It was nearing December, and snow was now falling.

"I still don't get why they're hosting the Thanksgiving party outside! Snow's going to be all over the place!" complained Leah, shaking her head.

"I don't know actually, it's still an amusement park though, right?"

"Yes, but it isn't exactly reassuring to know that I'm going to- EEK!" a snowball had hit her square in the head.

Carina was giggling uncontrollably, while Leah grabbed a handful of snow and threw it back at her at an impossible speed.

"AHH!"

"Snowball fight!" We yelled, and threw snowballs everywhere, laughing.

Sorry for the kind of late update! I woke up late today lol :(

-flower