Chap 3; A proud supernatural

"But strong and disciplined on the outside"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Maryann knew what it felt like to be stronger than the rest. She knew what having power over others meant and what it could do, both positively and negatively.

If the person wielding power was mean and crazy, the power would turn negative. As many years had passed, Maryann had only grown older and gained more status in her clan over the younger members. As a Moonwitch she also had great power over the other, slightly weaker supernaturals. But because she was kind and strict, she refused to use that power for any negative thing.

In the human world, things were different than back home. After spending three years in the blue country, going to the capitals best supernatural school, she had seen a thing or two already. The things that Maryann found strange before had all become the norm.

Her school was built only for the finest supernaturals in the blue country, with the most modern technology and the finest teachers for every subject. Of course they had normal human lessons like mathematics, science and history, but Maryann strongly preferred the supernatural classes. They were the classes about combat, magic, supernatural history and geography, language and of course agility and flight. Moonwitches couldn't fly, but agility was something that they were quite good at. Especially language was Maryann's favorite.

At the Moonwitch temple, you had to learn how to speak three languages. The first one was the Moonwitch language, which was only used between Moonwitches. The second one was English, which was used in the human world. The third one was shifter language, which was used when talking to other witches and shifters. But Maryann was more than just trilingual. In the purple clan you also had to learn demon language and the basics of angel language, and after moving to the human world she also learned the local language in the blue country. Language was one of her biggest skills, speaking six language fluently and studying their grammar as best as she could.

She also easily aced the combat, agility and magic courses, being way ahead in her class thanks to her purple clan training. Supernatural history and geography was easy too, being taught it since she was a little child. But it was the human subjects that Maryann found slightly more challenging. Especially human geography, history and religion was hard since she had never even heard about those subjects before coming to the human world. They were the worst part about being sent here. Normally Maryann wouldn't have had any trouble in passing all of her classes with full marks like the clan leader demanded her to, but the human classes were more challenging and she found herself with a slightly lower grade than full marks more often than she would have liked. Maryann relied on extra credit and several sleepless nights spent studying to get those full marks in the human subjects.

In a way she also felt quite lucky, as her mentor was quite kind and understanding. Her mentor visited every two weeks on a Friday right after school. The two of them would gather in Maryann's dorm room and discuss the good and the bad things that she had done over the fortnight. If she hadn't gotten full marks, she was to be punished according to the clan leaders new rule, but the mentor was kind and often let her go without punishment. She understood that the human subjects were almost impossible to ace when being a supernatural from a different world. As long as Maryann tried as hard as she could, it was okay for the kind mentor.

So here she was, seventeen year old Maryann Purple, walking down her school halls. The "blue supernatural school for elites" was obviously decorated in different shades of gray and blue, the classrooms all having special designs and the hallways being wide and open to natural light. The geography classrooms had huge maps painted on the walls, and the history classroom had old paintings and pictures and statues all around. There even was a walk in museum, showing everything that was featured in history class behind the classroom. Everything was expensive and high tech and modern, suitable for the most powerful supernaturals in the blue kingdom.