Chap 14; Winner

"Not two but three"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"I want you all to know this very important lesson, do you hear?"

"Yes ma'am"

"No matter your opponent in life, us purple Moonwitches must always win. There is no competition in life that is more important than fighting for your honor, and the clans honor. Losing is not acceptable! If you lose nobody will be there to comfort you, so you better make sure to win"

Maryann opened her eyes, staring into the empty locker room. Her first match was only a few seconds away, but her mind kept going around and around. She felt power, too much power flowing through her veins. It was distracting, it was confusing.

Why was there so much power? So much raw magic just waiting to be released? Whatever had happened yesterday with her new mentors, it had triggered something that Maryann had no idea what it was. Some sort of boost that came with protecting herself? Some kind of transfer of magic? Was that even possible? Or did all of this come from her, all of this power that drove her crazy. Because Maryann could feel it. The moment she chose to use it she could do whatever she wanted, maybe even things she didn't even dare to think about.

"You're up in one minute"

The locker room reeked of sweat and it made it harder to concentrate. Maryann could hear the thousands of cheers and screams outside the room she was in, only adding to her nerves. Maybe this wasn't a good idea... but there was no time to back out anymore. She should take on the first match herself, just to be sure that the magic wouldn't drive her moons crazy. After all, Violet was so unpredictable and Eve would do anything to make the clan proud, including severely hurting or even killing someone. So she had to do it, at least until she understood the magic inside of her.

"Alright, time to go"

Maryann stood up from the locker room bench and took a deep breath. This was it, the first match was always the most terrifying. She brushed her hair to look perfect inside of the ceremonial hairdo, and walked out the entrance door. Immediately the lights blinded her and the screams were deafening. They were cheering for her but it felt more annoying than encouraging.

Zari, the other witch from class D walked in on the same time as she did, on the opposite side of the arena. The first matches were always the same beings against each other, so Maryann could have been paired up with both a shifter or a witch. Zari was the only witch who had passed the other rounds except for her, and she was indeed powerful. But Maryann had no concerns about loosing whatsoever. The new power inside of her and her usual training held her in high confidence. The purple haired girl had no idea about who were watching her, only walking towards Zari while the countdown began.

"3..."
Maryann took a deep breath and calmed herself down, letting the magic flow freely through her body. Her eyes started glowing stronger than ever, and Eve and Violet looked at each other with excitement. They too felt themselves grow stronger than ever before.

"2..."
Maryann took a good look at Zari, as they were now close. She looked scared, and she should be.

"1!"

Maryann didn't feel anything but power, an extreme feeling washing over her. The fight was in full swing, but she didn't know which fight. It could be the first one or the second one, for all she knew she was still fighting Zari. Maryann just let her power take the lead and used everything inside of her, and her opponents fell like bugs. The crowd was cheering like madmen but Maryann couldn't hear them or see them. The only thing she could do was control herself enough not to seriously injure her opponents.