Chap 55; The story of a moonwitch

"And that, is the story of a Moonwitch"

Y'all a thirsty bunch of people😧
(Thanks for 40K😳)
Anyway enjoy

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

July twentieth, evening
"Dario? Can we speak?"

Dario looks up from the book that he is reading. The beautiful moonlight shines through the window, illuminating the room. His leg is shaking, up and down and up and down and up and down. Dario can't stop it. He could never stop it.

He licks his lips nervously, glances at the ticking clock on the wall and the warmth coming from the fireplace. Donovan is out on patrol, he left just a few hours ago with a quick kiss. Dario still feels his lips linger on his cheek. But despite that, his leg is going up and down and up and down. Of course it is.

He is nervous. Very, very nervous. So nervous that it bubbles in his stomach and pushes acid up his throat, makes his leg shake and book hard to concentrate on. Only two days left. Two whole days left until the battle at the red clan. Two days until he gets to meet his stepmother again, possibly kill her. Two days until the war is over, because the rest of the top clans forces have all gathered at the Fire clan. It's their last resort, their last chance to defend themselves. Dario is confident that they will win, but at what cost? Can he really face his stepmother after everything that has happened? What if she finds a way to use him again, like the witches at the red sun battle did.

"Dario?"

The hybrid remembers the knocks at the door, and looks up at the wooden material. He could recognize that voice anywhere. The voice of a person that he has spent most of his life with, playing and learning and suffering. Through good and bad, through thick and thin. Even at those moments when they left him alone. Even at those moments when they didn't, when they saved him over and over again. Dario really does remember everything. Even those memories that his stepmother tried to take away from him.

"The door is open"

A faint sound is heard when the wooden plank glides open. Two heads appear in the doorframe, no longer cold and confident like they were before, but hesitant, guilty and worried. Dario looks up at them, sees their red eyes and pure red hair. He sees the similarities, between him and them and between the two. But there are many differences. They are not fully blood brothers as they once thought. They are only half, only partly the same. It's a shame, Dario thinks. It really is a shame that they no longer share the same view of family.

Sometimes he wondered what it would have been like if he too was fully vampire, fully their youngest brother. He looks like one, with his red hair and red eyes. But he is not tall like them, strong and fast. He's only half. His eyes shine in purple and not red, no longer can he mask himself as only half vampire, half nothing. Now he has Moonwitch blood, and he knows it too. The traditional Moonwitch gown draped over his body, just like it has been ever since Maryann gave it to him, is a prominent way to see the fact that he's not a vampire.

Marcellus and Mykel sit down on the couch opposite of Dario, and the hybrid places his book on the table. This is not their first encounter since the forest. He has spoken with them briefly before, right before the battle of the bloody head. That's when he thanked them for saving him at the battle of the red sun. But now it's different. They are only two days away from fighting against their own clan, only two days away from killing their mother. Dario wonders if they feel sad about it. If they really want to see their parents and old friends die fighting against them.