Chap 53; Stay with me

"You miscalculated"
-SHE RA

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ brutal murder, murder, war, fighting, fire, swords, deep cuts ⚠️

Dario squints his eyes, feels blood dripping down from his red hair. It's not his blood though, it's the blood of a certain annoying vampire that happened to attack him a few minutes ago. He looks up towards the black sky and sees a blurry figure flying upwards. At first Dario doesn't think about it too much. For the past few hours, he's been mighty busy dealing with his own problems.

Only five witches by his side, the other five have either died or gotten lost in the crowd of battles, blood and cries. Dario knows that his team won't last for more than one day before they all die. This war can't drag on much longer. His eyes are tired, his hands are filled with blood, scars and bruises litter his body from the more physical fights and close calls to death. But otherwise the hybrid is still intact, still very much alive and breathing. Just as alive as he was in the dungeon after getting kidnapped, feeling more dead, but still alive indeed.

Hunger eats itself up from his stomach, it screams and tears up his insides. Adrenaline has been running through his veins for hours now, and Dario thinks that any second it will run out and stop working. The rocky ground below is harsh against his feet as his shoes are pretty much broken already. There is no time to get new shoes, and after hours and hours of running and fighting and simply standing up until his head is dizzy and muscles screaming for help, it really isn't a good thing. But when Dario is just about to hopefully kill yet another bunch of vampires far away, he remembers something familiar about the figure flying in the sky.

His red eyes glide back to where he last saw the figure, a person who is now higher up in the sky. Dario remembers this, he remembers seeing this before. But where? It takes yet another second for him to go, "aha! I know where". At the Goddess pack attack, when the top clans troops invaded their land for no reason. That was the battle where Maryann first used the killer sphere, even though she had just recovered. Dario bites his lip in worry. His sister? His sister is definitely going to run out of magic if she does this, and they need her! Even if the killer sphere does what it's supposed to do, Dario won't let it become their last chance to win.

So he does what he does best. Despite the fear and supposed weakness that always looms over his head, he always gives himself into battle time and time again. Now is no different.

If the moongoddess has placed him in this body, in this life and into this war, because he is one of the only people who can handle the pain and the suffering and the pressure? Then so be it.

Dario doesn't say anything to his witch troop. He doesn't even look around before doing it. Gathering momentum before jumping high up in the air, controlling the winds around him so that he can float higher and end up right next to his sister. His movements are sloppier, more inexperienced. But there is power inside of him and inside of his sister, more power than anyone else at this rebellion has. That means that it's their duty to do what they can to save everyone, to win this war. Maryann's eyes glance over at him when he arrives, and they widen comically. Dario gives her a confident look. He can do this, and he won't let Maryann do it on her own and drain her powers.

Maryann would never allow him to help, Dario knows that.

That's why he calculated this plan perfectly. The Moonwitch is already doing the spell, her hands have drawn the circle, her mouth is opening to say the words. Dario is thankful that he listened enough in his Latin classes to know what she is about to say. Maryann can't stop him from saying the words. She needs to focus on getting the spell right. But her eyes widen and she curses inside of her head before doing so, knowing what her brother is going to do.