Chap 23.5; Valentines day

The story of how one angel learned to love Valentine's Day.

(A Valentine's Day special, girlxgirlxgirl oneshot)

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘

Daisy's heart was beating.

Valentine's Day, the 14 of February. Celebrated all around the world, each country with its own tradition. As the history nerd that she is, she knows that Lupercalia is one of the original celebrations of Valentine's Day. The ancient Roman festival that celebrated fertility and health.

And although the history of Valentine's Day is her favorite, Daisy hates it. She absolutely despises the holiday, with her whole heart. Everything about the pink paper hearts and the red roses sent shivers of disgust down her spine. The well meaning words that were never for her, always for someone else. The childhood memories from Valentine's Day, being left alone with no friends. Yeah, Daisy hates Valentine's Day. So much that she sometimes wishes that the whole day could just be deleted from the calendar, removed and forgotten.

Throughout the years she watched person after person spend time with their mates on Valentine's Day. Each year as she got older, more and more of the people around her were no longer single, no longer one but two. Everyone else had their partner except for her. Everyone else had their form of happiness and love, but of course she didn't.

Because angels seem to get their mates later than humans, Daisy was surrounded by her human friends with mates while she was alone. So she cursed her parents for ever moving away from the heavens, and to this awful city. It just happened to be the worst city on Valentine's Day, Paris, the city of love. Daisy couldn't even describe the anger that she felt on a daily basis.

All the lights and festivities, all the hearts and cards. Daisy wanted nothing more than to crush them all. But it's not like she could actually do it. With her short posture and big doe eyes, the 19 year old Daisy didn't look very threatening. Nobody had ever taken her seriously, not now and not ever. Even though the humans around her had no idea that she was an angel, as their view of the world was quite small, Daisy sometimes wished that they knew. Maybe they would respect her more after learning the truth.

Instead she was stuck with the many hidden demons and vampires from her university, living in the human world to get closer to their victims. And as a lone angel, there was nothing Daisy could do to stop them. They were all tall and strong, manipulative and tainted, while she was pure and small. Even though the humans were unaware, Daisy sometimes caught them staring at her with teasing eyes, knowing that she couldn't do anything to stop their malicious schemes.

And Valentine's Day was the worst. It was the day when humans were the most vulnerable to love and manipulation, when they were desperate to find a mate or a partner for the day. The demons, or more specifically the incubus students of her university easily lured them into their traps and used them for their own gain of power. Simply sleeping with a human as an incubus was enough for them to be satisfied, their hunger calmed down.

With their sharp teeth and annoyingly good looking faces and bodies, the incubus students were Daisy's least favorite type of demon. The regular demons and vampires were already bad enough, barely enough to handle as one of the very few angel students. But on Valentine's Day, and on every other day, the incubus students were the worst. She just couldn't understand why they had to be so mean, so tainted and manipulative. Why did they like hurting others? Using others for their own gain?