Chap 22; The shifter dimension

"Brotherhood"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"Be careful around other supernaturals Maryann, be careful"

"Why?"

"You have something that they want to kill"

Maryann opened her eyes, the fresh air of the vibrant forest hitting her nostrils. Birds were chirping and people were walking around the loophole, a lively market right in front of them.

People were shouting deals left and right, green leaves falling on top of the merchandise. The air was warm but not hot, the treetops high above protecting against the sun. The ground below consisted of gravel and mud, very different from the usual cement that Maryann was used to. Somewhere in the distance she heard running water and felt the cold mountain air.

They had arrived, the shifter dimension stood before them.

So this is what it was like. Maryann had never been to the shifter dimension before, even though her ancestors were shifters and witches that mostly lived here. It wasn't called the most beautiful dimension for nothing, the fresh forests and the clean mountain lakes shining under the sun. And the nights were long, showing off the large moon that protected the shifters and connected them to their goddess.

Some witches walked by, carrying baskets filled with berries and plants from different trees in the deep forest. There was so much to explore in this dimension, much like the ocean of the human dimension. Acres of untouched land stretched across this green world, filled with mushrooms, roots, trees and bushes of berries. And the animals, the prey, ate the plants happily. They were hunted by the carnivore shifters that loved to eat raw meat straight from the forest. It was a paradise.

Carriages left the portal every minute, filled with both shifters and humans and other supernaturals like witches. The shifter world was big and this was just the first stop on a long journey for many of them. The millions of dirt roads scattered all around the forests, going from one pack territory to another. There were some cities too, mostly for rouges, city witches and some humans. The biggest cities were by the loopholes, like this human one. They were called loophole cities, and usually consisted of hotels, apartment buildings and big markets.

The smell of raw meat reached where they stood, shifters standing by the booth eagerly, waiting for their fair share of meat. It was still red and bloody, fresh from the forest. The witches huddled around booths for different plants and potions, arguing about who should get which ingredient. The vampires stood around booths that sold blood, while the humans bought souvenirs and cheap meat. Cassy eyed the blood booth suspiciously, hoping that they were selling it legally and not doing like many of the top clans did.

Maryann turned to her two mates, eyes wide with new experiences but also feeling a little out of place. Dario was the same way, unintentionally clinging onto his mate as well. The two girls and Donovan smiled at their respective mates comfortingly, knowing that the shifter world was one of the most peaceful ones. There was no reason to worry.

"I'll go hire a carrige, Vivy you can stay with Maryann"
Cassy said dismissively, walking towards a booth that worked as a taxi service in the shifter dimension. Donovan saw the strong vampire leave and decided to follow her as well, taking the same carriage since his pack was not far way from the rebellion.