Chap 15; Alone among two

"The Moonwitch found herself not to be alone"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"Mate"

Maryann cursed inside of her head, as a new and unfamiliar feeling crawled up. She was dead tired from before, but now all of that exhaustion was blown away by the shock. She couldn't move, couldn't think. It was all far too overwhelming. Not even her moons spoke a single word, as nobody wanted to break the silence that had engulfed the hallway as a whole.

The two girls in front of her were tall, taller than her and definitely strong. And they were both her mates, both of them. What the heck?! What had she ever done to deserve such a messy life?! Did the moon goddess really hate her so much that she decided to let her suffer for all eternity!? What was with everyone today!? Why why why why why why why!!

For the first time in a long while Maryann felt her disciplined expression start to falter and real emotions filter through. She was angry, confused and hurt. The two girls in front of her were both her mates, all three of them were a couple. Maryann had never heard of such a thing, not to mention the worst part. Although she had no problem with them being women, and she could live with there being two of them... there was one thing that she definitely could not live with. Why did the moon goddess have to see her suffer in such a way?

One of them was clearly a vampire, and the other was a demon. There were many things in life that Maryann could accept or didn't care about, but this was not one of them. One of the most important purple clan rules was the rule about mates. Because Moonwitches were the most sacred beings when it came to mates and connections with the goddess, they had to respect what it meant to have a mate. So if you were a Moonwitch of the purple clan, or many other clans as well, you were not allowed to have a mate that wasn't a shifter or a witch.

The clan clearly stated that the members with mates other than what was allowed, must leave the mate and hope for a shifter or a witch as a second chance mate. Maryann was raised with these thoughts imprinted in her brain, and she would never let them go. But now as she was standing next to her two new mates, that clearly were not shifters or witches, Maryann finally understood how harsh that rule was. How could she possibly...

"Wow this changes a lot of things"

Maryann finally heard the voice of her demon mate, sending shivers down her spine. The demon was taller than her with a lean and beautiful body and a sharp featured face. She had a playful and teasing aura around her, but on the same time she smelled of power and might. Whoever the demon was, she was strong and scary to her enemies, yet loving and teasing to her close ones. Maryann guessed that her mate was a pleasure demon, the kind that wore lazy smirks and loved to manipulate and play around. She didn't really care about which kind of demon she was, as she was still a demon and that was bad enough.

The vampire next to the demon sighed, and reached out her hand for Maryann to shake.

"Let's introduce ourselves. My name is Cassy rebel, originally from the pureblood vampire clan and the blueblood vampire clan"

Maryann shook the vampires hand hesitantly, eyes widening at the mention of the powerful pureblood clan. Once their hands touched she felt their connection grow stronger and she shivered at the feeling, sensing great power from this vampire as well. She was taller than both her and the demon, with a more muscular body and strict red eyes. She seemed like the more quiet and leader type, but she had a rebellious and unique aura. Maryann took notice of her clan name, rebel, which could only mean that she had joined some sort of rebellion. She had no idea which rebellion, as the purple clan chose to not teach them those kinds of things to stop their potential "rebellious ideas". But nevertheless, the red haired and red eyed vampire looked more than intimidating to the shorter Moonwitch.