Chap 7; The antagonist

"But in power, both inside and out"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

⚠️ violence and mentions of violence. Abusive speech⚠️

Maryann
It's Friday afternoon.

I'm pacing around my room, fully aware of what's going to happen today. My moons are all quiet and tense, even Violet who was in such a good mood after winning the fight yesterday. I feel a little bad for her actually. She is the one who takes charge on Saturdays, which means that she usually takes on the aftermath of the potential punishments that I must endure the day before.

But I know that there is a good chance that nothing bad will happen. Maybe my mentor will just give me a good scolding like usual and leave it be, it's what's she's done for the past three years after all. Sure I've endured some punishments from her as well, but they were always held back and for good reasons. It was clear that my mentor was a weak hearted person, and it's not like I'm complaining. It saves me from the worst part of having a lot of rules to follow, the pain.

There was only one class left of the day, mathematics. Usually my mentor meets with me outside the classroom on Friday, so there really is not much time left to prepare myself for what's about to come. Eve made sure that my dorm is cleaned and Lily made sure that I got all of my panicking out of my system, by panicking for me for four hours straight. Violet made sure that I knew how unfair it was that I was getting punished, even though I knew to ignore her words. It almost felt like any other day, except I knew it was way more and way worse than that.

My moons were acting a little more tense than usual, even more tense than before our past punishments. Something felt weird about today, like something was going to happen.

The moon goddess had plans for every Moonwitch and shifter, so maybe her plans for me took flight today? Maybe something important was going to happen that was going to change my life path, even though the path was clear for the Goddess since my birth. To her, us mortals were like books. Each one had their own story that would be played, their own destiny. She was the one that made sure our destinies came true, it had to be like it was in the books. I just hope that my destiny is a good and peaceful one, as I've already worked so hard to keep my life as calm as possible.

"Let's just go to class, it starts in a few minutes"

I thanked Eve for reminding me of the time, grabbing my backpack and leaving my dorm. I closed the door behind me and began my short walk though the modern corridors, not forgetting to wear a cold look on my face as usual. Eve sat down in a mediating position in my head to calm down, while Violet was holding down a pacing and panicked Lily. It wasn't very proper to be scared over something that wasn't happening yet, especially since I still had a class to focus on. So I just ignored my moons and walked through the classroom doors, the mathematics teacher greeting me at the entrance.

I gave him a polite nod in return and sat down by my seat, not really caring to communicate further with my human teacher. They usually only taught supernaturals for the big amount of money they received, some of them even being scared to do it. I personally don't really like humans, but I would never express that opinion out loud.

The teacher started his lesson and I listened in carefully, writing down in my notebook whenever he taught us something new. For a human teacher he was actually quite good, being interested enough in the subject and explaining properly and loudly enough to hear. Most human teachers spoke quietly in fear and often tended to leave the classes early and unfinished. They reigned pretty quickly too, not standing the fear for long enough. But this human teacher had been around for half a year already, and he was warming up to the whole school pretty fast.