2 The Kids Are Alright: Part 2

Dean picked me up from the diner while Sam went off to act as an insurance agent.

Dean had found out that someone else in the neighborhood died mysteriously, so Sam went to talk to the man's wife about his death.

Dean and I went to the library to see if we could find out about any other strange occurrences in the town.

As we walked back to the car, Dean stopped suddenly and started walking over to a park bench where a boy a little younger than me sat. He was looking down at the ground sadly.

"Dean?" I asked as I followed him.

Dean sat down on the bench next to the boy, and I joined him.

"Hey, Ben," Dean said.

I furrowed my brow at him, not knowing how he knew this boy.

Ben looked up. "Hey. You were at my party."

Dean nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm Dean. Everything okay? Something wrong?"

Ben had an empty game case in his hands. Dean looked up, and I followed his gaze to a group of boys playing with a Gameboy.

"Is that your game they're playing with?" Dean asked.

Ben nodded. "Ryan Humphrey borrowed it, and now he won't give it back."

Dean nodded. "Well, you want me to go—"

"No!" Ben reacted quickly. "Don't go over there! Only bitches send a grown-up."

Dean laughed. "You're not wrong."

Ben shook his head. "And I am not a bitch."

"Is that Humphrey?" Dean nodded up to the boys. "The one that needs to lay off the burgers?"

Ben nodded and smiled.

"Hmm." Dean shrugged. "Maybe you should go over there and teach him a lesson then."

"What do you mean?" Ben asked.

"Kick him where the sun don't shine." Dean chuckled.

"Dean..." I warned.

He looked over at me and shrugged. "What?"

I smirked and shook my head.

Ben thought for a moment and then got up and walked over to the boys.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"Uh, he's Lisa's son," Dean said.

I furrowed my brow and thought for a second, watching as the almost miniature version of Dean stood next to the group of boys. "How old is he?"

Dean cleared his throat. "He, uh, just turned eight." He looked down at me.

"Oh." I thought for a second, wondering if it was a possibility that Ben could be my nephew. "Interesting."

Dean laughed. "Yeah, nice kid."

We looked up at Ben just as he kicked Ryan hard between the legs. Ryan crumpled to the ground, and Ben took his game back. Dean smirked as Ben ran excitedly back to us.

"Thanks. Dude, that was awesome!" Ben yelled and high-fived Dean.

"Benjamin Isaac Braeden!" a beautiful brunette woman shouted as she approached us. "What's gotten into you?"

Ben shrugged. "He stole my game."

She furrowed her brow. "So, you kick him? Since when is—" Her attention switched to Dean. "Did you tell my son to beat up that kid?"