13 Ghostfacers!: Part 1

February 29th - March 2nd, 2008

A few weeks ago, we had run into the hellhound guys, Ed, and Harry, while we were on a case. They were going by Ghostfacers now, and they had been shooting their little ghost adventures to get a show or a movie deal. I wasn't really sure.

They had invited us to watch their final edit before sending it to a producer. So, of course, we agreed, not only to laugh at the ridiculousness of their show but also to stop them from sending real ghost footage with our faces in it to anyone.

Ed and Harry and the rest of the Ghostfacers crew set us up in front of their computer. It was kind of sweet how excited they were.

Ed rubbed his hands together eagerly. "Okay, are you guys ready to watch this masterpiece?"

Dean nodded. "Sure, Ed. Go ahead and start it."

Sam, Dean, and I all shared a quick smirk before he played the video.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The scene opened to Ed and Harry sitting in two armchairs, next to a fireplace. They were both wearing tuxedos and casually drinking brandy.

"Hello. I am Harry Spangler," Harry said mysteriously.

"And I am Ed Zeddmore." Ed raised an eyebrow at the camera. "Now, if you have received this tape, you must be some sort of bigwig network executive. Well, today is your lucky day, mister."

The camera zoomed into Harry's face. "Because the unsolicited pilot you are about to watch is the bold new future of 'reality..." He added exaggerated air quotes. "TV.'"

The camera zoomed to Ed. "Mm-hmm. We know you've had it hard during the crippling writer's strike."

"Lazy fat cats," Harry said.

"Who needs writers when you've got guys like us?" Ed asked.

The camera zoomed out when Harry dimmed the lights.

Ed was now sitting in his chair, holding a skull. "Our team faced horrible horrors to bring you the footage that will change your world forever. So, strap in for the scariest hour in the history of television."

"In the history of your life..." Harry said.

"Strap in for..." Ed said.

"Ghostfacers!" they yelled together.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The video immediately went into a montage of Ed, Harry, the other Ghostfacers, Spruce, Maggie, Corbett, and occasionally Sam, Dean, and me.

A song played over the montage that went something like... "Ghost— Ghostfacers! We face the ghosts when the others will not. We're the Ghost— Ghostfacers! Stay in the kitchen when the kitchen gets hot. Ghost— Ghostfacers! We face the nightmare. We face the dread. Ghost— Ghostfacers! We face the faces, we face the... dead! When you trip and fall into the supernatural. We're who you're gonna call. We face them all! Ghost— Ghostfacers! We face the faces, we face the... dead! We're Ghost— Ghostfacers!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A car pulled up in a suburban neighborhood and Ed, and Harry stepped out, each holding a metal briefcase with a Ghostfacers! sticker on it. The footage was just the two of them walking with their voices over it.

I had to stop myself from laughing because they were walking in slow motion, and when I say they were walking in slow motion, I literally mean that. They didn't slow the footage down with editing. They were just acting like everything was in slow motion, but everything besides them was moving at a normal pace.