10 Dream a Little Dream of Me: Part 3

Suddenly, Sam, Dean, and I sat up quickly, back in the motel room.

Then we rushed off to see Bobby at the hospital. We had brought all of the research with us, and when we got there, Sam told us about what he experienced while in Bobby's dream.

He had a run-in with a man, claiming to be a god while in the dream world. He was the reason people were dying and the reason Bobby had been in a coma. Dean said that Sam's description of him sounded like one of the doctor's test subjects he had met, so Sam went to find him.

Dean and I stayed behind and quietly looked through research with Bobby for a while.

"Hey, Bobby. That, uh— That stuff— All that stuff with your wife?" Dean asked.

Bobby looked up at him.

Dean cleared his throat. "That actually happen?"

Bobby shrugged. "Everybody got into hunting somehow."

Dean nodded. "I'm sorry."

Bobby shook his head. "Don't be sorry. If it weren't for you, I'd still be lost in there. Or dead." He nodded. "Thank you."

Sam walked in a moment later. "So, uh, stoner boy wasn't in his dorm. My guess is he's long gone by now."

Bobby shook his head. "He ain't much of a stoner."

"No?" Dean asked.

"No. His name's Jeremy Frost. Full-on genius. Hundred-and-sixty IQ. Which is sayin' something, considering his dad took a baseball bat to his head," Bobby said as he flipped through some papers and picked one up. "Here's Father of the Year." He handed it to Sam. "He died before Jeremy was ten."

"Looks like a real sweetheart," Sam said as he examined the picture.

"Injury gave him Charcot-Wilbrand. He hasn't dreamt since," Bobby said.

"'Til he started dosing the dream drug," Dean said.

Bobby nodded. "Yup."

"How'd he know how to dig up your worst nightmare and throw it at you?" Dean asked.

Bobby shrugged. "Hey, he was rooting around in my skull. God knows what he saw in there."

Sam nodded. "Yeah. How'd he get in there in the first place? Isn't he supposed to have some of your hair, your DNA, or something?"

"Yeah," Dean said.

"Yeah..." Bobby shook his head. "Before I knew it was him, he offered me a beer. I drank it. Dumbest friggin' thing."

"Oh, I don't know. It wasn't that dumb." Dean laughed nervously.

Bobby, Sam, and I snapped our heads to look at him.

I shook my head. "Oh, no, really?"

"Dean, you didn't," Sam said.

Dean shrugged. "I was thirsty."

"That's great." Sam snarled. "Now, he can come after either one of you."

"Well, now we just have to find him first," Dean said.

Bobby nodded. "We better work fast... and coffee up. Because the one thing we cannot do... is fall asleep."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It had been about two days since Bobby and Dean had gotten any sleep. We had been running around to every possible location Jeremy could be hanging out. Still, we were having no luck finding him. Somehow, we got Bela to help us out too. I wasn't sure why, but she agreed.