7 Fresh Blood: Part 2

Sam and I made it back to the broken-down motel and paced around, waiting for Dean to turn up. About an hour later, the door swung open, and Dean walked in.

"There you are!" Sam shouted.

"We've been freaking out. What the hell, Dean?" I asked angrily.

Dean shrugged, looking completely unconcerned. "Yeah. Sorry, I stopped for a slice."

"Nice move, you pulled back there, Dean, running right at the weapons!" Sam shouted.

"Well, what can I say? I'm a bad-ass." Dean shrugged again. "So, I guess Gordon's out of jail."

Sam nodded. "Uh, yeah, I guess so."

"What is with this guy?" I put my hands up in frustration. "I mean what the fu—"

Dean pointed at me. "Hey!" he shouted, cutting me off. "Even though I agree, watch the language."

"How the hell did he know where to find us?" Sam asked.

A look of realization crossed Dean's face. "That bitch." He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. (...) "Hi, Bela." (...) "Question for you. When you called me yesterday, it wasn't to thank me for saving your ass, was it?" (...) "Excuse me?" (...) He raised his voice in anger. "I don't know, maybe pick up the phone and tell us that a raging psychopath was dropping by?!" (...) "He tried to kill us!" (...) "There were two of them." (...) "Bela, if we make it out of this alive, the first thing I'm gonna do is kill you." (...) "Listen to my voice and tell me if I'm serious." He hung up and shook his head.

Dean pulled out his machete, sat down, and started sharpening it. Sam and I sat down with him.

"That vampire's still out there, Dean," Sam said.

"First things first," Dean said.

Sam nodded. "Gordon."

"About that," Dean said, "When we find him, or if he finds us... well, I'm just saying he's not leaving us a whole lot of options." He looked at Sam and me, anxiously awaiting our responses.

Sam nodded. "Yeah, I know. We've got to kill him."

I put my hand up. "I one-hundred percent agree."

"Really? Just like that? I thought you two would have been like... 'no, we can't, he's human, it's wrong,'" Dean said mockingly.

Sam shrugged. "No, I'm done. I mean, Gordon's not gonna stop until we're dead... or 'til he is."

I nodded in agreement.

Ring! Ring!

Dean looked at his phone and groaned before answering it, "What?!" (...) "You're a hundred miles away. How the hell did you—" (...) "And?" (...) "Thanks." He pulled the phone away and hung up, with worry in his eyes.

"What was that about?" Sam asked.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Apparently, Bela doesn't want us holding a grudge, so she found out where Gordon is for us."

"How?" I asked.

"Spirit Board. I guess he's holed up in some riverfront warehouse," Dean said as he put his phone back into his pocket.

"Then why did you look so worried?" Sam asked.

Dean shrugged. "She just said the spirits warned us to stay away from Gordon."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, well, that's reassuring."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *