16 No Rest for the Wicked: Part 3

Eventually, we found the house that Lilith was supposed to be in, so we snuck into an empty house for sale right across the street.

We could see a man, a woman, and a little girl sitting around a dinner table. Another person was sitting with them, but they were face down on the table, which wasn't a good sign.

"It's the little girl. Her face is awful," Dean said as he pulled binoculars away from his face and handed them to Sam.

The man stood up and started closing the curtains.

"All right then, let's go. We're wasting time," Sam said as he looked out of the binoculars. He lowered them and moved toward the door.

Dean grabbed his shoulder. "Wait!"

"For what? For it to kill the rest of them?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, and us too if we're not careful. Look." Dean pointed out of the window. "See the real go-getter mailman on the clock at 9PM?"

Sam held up the binoculars again at the mailman.

Dean pointed in a different direction to an older man in his house. "And Mr. Rogers over there."

"Demons?" Bobby asked.

Dean nodded. "Yes."

"Okay, fine. We— We— We—" Sam stuttered while he thought. "We ninja past those guys, sneak in."

"Then what? Give a Colombian necktie to a ten-year-old girl? Come on!" Dean shouted.

"Look, Dean, I know it's awful," Sam said.

"You think?" Dean asked.

"This isn't just about saving you, Dean. This is about saving everybody," Sam said.

Bobby sighed and nodded. "She's gotta be stopped, son."

Dean thought carefully and then shook his head. "Oh, damn it."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

While Sam and Dean went to take care of the two demons we knew of, Bobby and I set up a trap for any more demons if they approached the house Lilith was in.

Bobby took a rosary, and we made our way to a stream behind the house that had a hose coming out of it that led straight to the sprinkler system. He recited a ritual in Latin and then dropped the rosary into the stream.

Suddenly, I heard several footsteps behind us and turned to see a huge group of demons chasing Sam, Dean, and someone else into the house.

"Bobby, we have to hurry," I said.

"All right. All right. Let's go," Bobby said and then walked up to a panel on the side of the house. He opened the small metal door and pressed a few buttons.

Then the sprinklers turned on, and the demons started smoking and stepping back.

I started creeping away quietly and slowly to make my way to the back door I had spotted.

"What do you think you're doing?" Bobby asked before he even turned around to raise an eyebrow at me.

"Uh, sorry, Bobby..." I started running toward the back door. "Just go back to the house, like we planned." I quickly ran to the door, thankfully it was unlocked, and as I felt Bobby grab the hood of my jacket, I swung it open and jumped inside, locking it behind me.

Bobby jiggled the lock and glared at me through the window on the door. "Damn it, girl."

"I'm sorry, Bobby, but I need to be a part of this. Please understand," I said.