11 Mystery Spot: Part 2

The doors chimed as we walked into the diner.

As we walked past the cashier, he handed an older man some change. "Drive safely now, Mr. Pickett."

"Yeah, yeah," Mr. Pickett mumbled and walked out.

We walked to a booth, and the cook yelled, "Order up!"

"Can't stay unless you order something, Cal. You know the rules," the waitress said to a customer sitting at the front counter.

He placed a pile of change on the counter. "Some coffee."

I stared for a moment at the eerily familiar scene and realized Sam was staring too when I sat down.

Dean elbowed me and pointed to a poster next to me on the wall. "Hey. Tuesday. Pig n' a poke."

I furrowed my brow, still confused about what was going on.

"It's Tuesday?" Sam asked.

Dean gave Sam a strange look and nodded. "Yeah."

The waitress walked over with the name Doris on her name tag. "Are you kids ready?"

Dean nodded. "Yes, I'll have the special, side of bacon and a coffee."

Sam stared for a moment. "Uh, nothing for me, thanks."

Doris nodded and then looked over at me. "And for you, young lady?"

I hesitated a moment. "Uh, just a chocolate chip pancake and orange juice, please."

Doris winked at me. "You got it." She looked over at Sam before she walked away. "Let me know if you change your mind."

"I'm telling you, Sam, this job is small fry. We should be spending our time hunting down Bela," Dean said.

Sam just stared at Doris as she walked away.

"Hey." Dean snapped his fingers at Sam. "You with us?"

Sam shook his head and looked at Dean. "What?"

"You sure you feel okay?" Dean asked.

Sam sighed. "You don't— You don't remember? Any of this?"

"Remember what?" Dean asked.

"This. Today. Like it's— Like it's... happened before?" Sam asked.

Okay, it was confirmed. Sam was definitely experiencing the same thing or something similar to what I was. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to say anything yet. Maybe whatever was going on had something to do with the powers I may or may not have, and I wasn't ready to confirm that. However, if Dean suggested going to the Mystery Spot, I wasn't going to let that happen.

"You mean like déjà vu?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "No, I mean like— like it's really happened before."

Dean nodded. "Yeah. Like déjà vu."

Sam sighed and shook his head. "No, forget about déjà vu. I'm asking you if it feels like— like we're living yesterday all over again."

Dean thought for a second. "Okay, how is that not dé—"

Sam was getting annoyed now. "Don't, don't say it! Just don't even..."

Doris appeared with a tray with our drinks and a bottle of hot sauce. "One coffee black, and orange juice." She handed them out and reached back up for the hot sauce. "And some hot sauce for the—" She gasped as the bottle fell off of the tray. "Whoops. Crap!"

Except this time, Sam caught the bottle before it hit the ground.

Doris smiled as Sam handed it back to her. "Thanks." She put the bottle down on the table and left.