15 Time Is on My Side: Part 2

A couple of hours later, and more research done, we had covered the beds in maps and paperwork. Sam circled the possible areas on the maps where the doctor could be working.

"So, these are all the cabins." Sam pointed. "Most of them have been abandoned for years."

"So, what the hell are we waiting for?" Dean asked.

Ring! Ring!

He answered his phone, "Bobby." (...) "I'm listening." (...) "Who's that? Like a Cleveland steamer?" (...) "And now?" (...) "And he thinks it's Bela?" (...) "She's used that before. Well, it's kinda a sloppy move, isn't it? Getting in contact with one of your old friends." (...) "Thanks, Bobby. We're on our way." (...) "Okay." He hung up the phone and looked at Sam and me. "Come on. We're going after Bela." He turned and grabbed his bag.

Sam furrowed his brow. "What? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second."

"Come on. Get your stuff. The clock's ticking," Dean urged.

I quickly ran over and started packing up my stuff.

"Look, I think we should stay here and finish the case," Sam said.

I stopped to look over at Sam. Getting the Colt back was the best chance we had to stop this thing. How could he not want to get it back?

"You insane?" Dean asked.

"Dean, there's no way she still has the Colt!" Sam shouted, "That was months ago! She probably sold it the second she got it."

Dean shrugged as he continued packing. "Well, then I'll kill her. Win-win."

Sam shook his head. "Dean—"

"Sam. We're going!" Dean shouted.

"No!" Sam yelled.

"Why the hell not?" Dean asked.

"Dean, this, this here." Sam pointed to the research. "Now. This is what's gonna save you."

"What? Chasing some Frankenstein?" Dean asked.

"Chasing immortality," Sam said, "Look, Benton can't die. We find out how he did it. We can do it to you."

I stared at him, stunned.

Dean shook his head. "What are you talking about?"

"You have to die before you go to Hell, right?" Sam asked. "So, if you can never die, then—"

"You aren't suggesting what I think you are... right?" I asked.

Dean shook his head. "Wait, wait, wait. Wait a second. Did you know that this was Doc Benton from the jump?"

"No," Sam said nervously.

Dean just stared at him.

Sam sighed. "Look, I was hoping."

"So, the whole zombie thing, it was a lie?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "I didn't wanna say anything until I was sure, Dean. All I'm trying to do is find an answer here."

Dean shook his head. "No. What you're trying to do is chase Slicy McHackey here. And to kill him? No. You wanna buy him a friggin' beer. You wanna study him."

"I was just trying to help," Sam said.

"You're not helping!" Dean yelled. "You forget that if I welch on this deal, you die. Guess what, living forever is welching."

"Fine! Then, whatever the magic pill is, I'll take it too!" Sam yelled.

"Oh, what is this? Sid and Nancy? No." Dean shook his head. "It's just like Bobby's been saying. We kill the demon who owns the contract, and this whole damn thing wipes clean. That's our best shot."