11 Mystery Spot: Part 6

I jolted awake by Back In Time. I sat up quickly to see that we were back in the motel room, exactly where we were six months before.

"What, you two gonna sleep all day?" Dean asked from the bathroom. "I know, no Asia. This station sucks."

Sam glanced down at the clock. "It's Wednesday."

"Yeah, usually comes after Tuesday. Turn that thing off," Dean said with his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth.

I jumped out of bed, ran to Dean, and clutched onto him, unwilling to let him go. Then I felt Sam pull both of us into a hug.

Dean cleared his throat. "How many Tuesdays did you two have?"

"Enough," Sam said and then pulled back. "What, uh— What do you remember?"

"I remember you both were pretty whacked out of it yesterday. I remember running into the trickster." Dean shook his head. "That's about it."

I pulled away but still hung onto him. He had his arm around my shoulder, rubbing my arm as he held onto me.

Sam nodded. "Let's go."

"No breakfast?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "No breakfast."

Dean shrugged. "All right, I'll pack the car."

I shook my head. "No!"

"Yeah, you're not going anywhere alone," Sam agreed.

Dean furrowed his brow. "It's the parking lot."

"Just— Just trust us," Sam said.

"Please," I said.

Dean looked at us with concern in his eyes but agreed.

We got dressed, packed our bags, and got ready to leave.

Dean opened the door and then turned back and looked at Sam. "Hey, you don't look so good. Something else happen?"

Guilt and worry were all over Sam's face. "I just had a really weird dream."

Dean nodded. "Clowns or midgets?" He grinned.

Sam looked over at Dean and tried to smile back. He grabbed his bag and then followed Dean out of the door.

I put my hand on my bag and watched as Sam walked out. I couldn't shake the feeling that if we couldn't stop Dean from dying, that was how my life was going to be. Not only was I terrified to lose Dean, but now I was scared to rely on Sam because if it came down to it, I'm not sure he really would be there for me.

"Hey, you comin' kid?" Dean asked.

I looked up at the smiling face of my brother. "Yeah." I smiled back weakly, then grabbed my bag and followed him down to the Impala.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *