5 Bedtime Stories: Part 2

A little later, we heard about another mysterious attack that took place. One of the victims had survived, so the boys wanted to go back to the hospital to talk to her.

However, when they returned to the Impala, the story they told me was completely shocking. They said that the victim and her husband had been hiking through the woods, but they ended up getting lost and stumbling onto a small house. As they approached the house, a sweet old woman greeted them and invited them in for food and drinks. Once they started eating, they realized the woman had poisoned their food. As the husband fell, the old woman grabbed a knife and started stabbing him like it was fun.

The victim said that she hadn't eaten as much as her husband, so she had the strength to fight back. She ended up pushing the old woman, causing her to fall and crack her head on the stove, and she took it as a chance to escape.

The last thing she added before the boys returned to me was that she thought she saw a beautiful little girl with long black hair and pale skin standing outside, watching the whole thing.

So, after talking about the old woman, we made our way over to her house. We wanted to see if there were any signs of a spirit or a possible demon.

"Well, there's no sulfur anywhere. How about the EMF?" Dean sighed as the two of us walked back into the living room with Sam.

Sam nodded. "Yeah, it's going nuts. When I went over here by the window..." He pointed. "There's definitely a spirit here."

"Who stood outside the crime scene and watched," Dean said.

Sam nodded. "Looks like."

"What the hell do you make of that?" Dean asked.

Sam sighed. "Actually, I do have a theory. Uh, sort of."

Dean nodded. "Hit me."

Sam sighed, looking almost embarrassed. "Well, I'm thinkin' about fairy tales."

As he said that, I realized he was completely right.

Dean furrowed his brow. "Oh, that's— that's nice. You think about fairy tales often?"

"No, he's right," I said.

Dean looked at me, confused.

"Dean, I'm talking about the murders. A guy and a girl? Hiking through the woods, an old lady tries to eat 'em?" Sam asked.

"Hansel and Gretel," I said.

Sam nodded. "And then we got three brothers, arguing over how to build houses, attacked by the Big Bad Wolf."

Dean nodded, now understanding. "Three Little Pigs."

"Yeah," Sam said.

"Actually, those guys were a little chubby." Dean shrugged. "Well, wait, I thought those things ended with, uh, everybody living happily ever after?"

"Well... actually, the original ones were pretty gnarly." I frowned.

Sam nodded. "Yeah. See, the Grimm Brothers' stuff was kinda the folklore of its day, full of sex, violence, cannibalism. Now, it got sanitized over the years, turned into Disney flicks and bedtime stories."

Dean nodded. "So, you think the murders are uh, what? A re-enactment? That's a little crazy."

"Crazy as what? Every day of our lives?" Sam asked.

Dean shrugged. "Touché. How's the creepy ghost girl involved?"

"Um..." Sam thought for a second. "Well, she must've been here for a reason. I'm willing to bet you top dollar she was at the construction site too."