3 Bad Day at Black Rock: Part 2

We walked into the restaurant. We wanted to eat before we figured out what was going on with the rabbit's foot.

"Don't worry, Bobby'll find a way to break it. Until then, I say we hit Vegas, pull a little Rain Man. You can be Rain Man," Dean joked.

"Look, we just lay low until Bobby calls back, okay?" Sam asked and then turned to the host. "Hi, uh, table for three, please."

"Congratulations!" the host yelled and rang a bell.

"Say that again?" Dean laughed.

"You are the one-millionth guest of the Biggerson's Restaurant family!" The host handed us a huge certificate, bigger than me.

All the staff came out and swarmed us. They sang, brought us balloons, and popped confetti. Once they were done, they took our picture and brought us to our table.

Sam took out his laptop and started researching while Dean and I engorged ourselves on our free sundaes.

"Bobby's right. This lore goes way back... pure Hoodoo. You can't just cut one off any rabbit. Has to be in a cemetery, under a full moon, on a Friday the thirteenth," Sam said.

"I think from now on, we only go to places with Biggerson's," Dean said and then clutched his head from a brain freeze.

Sam and I laughed as a waitress walked over to our table with a pot of coffee. "Can I freshen you up?"

Sam looked up and smiled. "Yeah, yeah, sure. Thanks."

The waitress poured him his coffee, but as she stared and smiled at him, she spilled some on the table. "Oh!"

"Oh! Oh, I uh..." Sam smiled.

"Let me mop up here." The waitress nervously pulled out a cloth.

"No, no, don't worry, it's okay, it's okay... I got it, uh..." Sam said as he tried to wipe it with a napkin.

"It's no trouble, really." The waitress smiled at him.

"Okay." He smiled back shyly.

"Sorry about that." She giggled.

Sam nodded and smiled. "It's all right."

The waitress finished cleaning and walked away. Dean and I stared at Sam after the awkward, flirty exchange.

"Dude. If you were ever gonna get lucky..." Dean said.

Sam smirked. "Shut up."

"Why? Every time. I mean, can't you guys just leave our waitresses alone?" I asked.

Sam laughed and went to pick up his coffee but instead knocked it over and managed to spill it on the table and himself. He jumped up. "Oh! Oh jeez, uh..." He turned, and a waiter with a tray full of dishes crashed straight into him, sending things flying and causing a scene. "Sorry!" he shouted and then turned back to us.

Dean and I stared at Sam, not having any idea what had just happened.

Sam reached into his pocket and looked up, terrified. "The rabbit's foot is gone."

"Son of a bitch," Dean said.

We ran out of the restaurant, looking for our waitress, but she was nowhere in sight.

Dean gestured for us to go to the car. "Come on!"

Sam and I ran after Dean, but Sam fell flat on his face in the middle of the parking lot.

Dean turned around. "Wow! You suck!"

I burst out in laughter, no longer able to hold it in.

Sam slowly stood up and looked at me. "Thanks." He looked down at his knees that were now scuffed and bloody. "Ow..."