11 Mystery Spot: Part 5

I jolted awake by Back In Time by Huey Lewis and The News. I sat up quickly to see Sam looking around the room, almost in shock.

"What, you two gonna sleep all day?" Dean asked from the bathroom.

"No Asia?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I know." Dean nodded. "This station sucks."

Sam glanced down at the clock and gasped. "It's Wednesday!"

I jumped out of bed. "Really?!"

"Yeah, usually comes after Tuesday. Turn that thing off, will you?" Dean asked with his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth.

"What, are you kidding me? This isn't the most beautiful song you've ever heard?" Sam asked, now hurriedly getting out of bed.

"Yes!" I smiled happily.

"No." Dean furrowed his brow. "Jeez. How many Tuesdays did you two have?"

Sam threw on a long-sleeved shirt. "I don't know. I lost count." He furrowed his brow at Dean. "Hey, wait. What do you remember?"

"I remember you both were pretty whacked out of it yesterday, and then I remember running into the trickster." Dean shook his head. "But no, that's about it."

"All right. Pack your stuff. Let's get the hell out of town. Now," Sam said.

I nodded. "Agreed."

"No breakfast?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "No breakfast."

Dean brought his bag outside with a look of disappointment. I smiled after him as he left. I took a deep breath and exhaled. Tears came to my eyes as relief washed over my body.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

I nodded as I started packing my bag. "Yeah, I'm just happy that it's over."

"I am too." Sam walked over and put his hand on my shoulder.

I looked up at him, and we smiled at each other but then gasped when we heard a gunshot from outside.

Sam snapped his head toward the door. "Dean!"

We both took off running, outside and down the stairs, where we found Dean lying in the parking lot behind the Impala. He was lying there with blood seeping from his chest onto his shirt.

Sam ran to him quickly, with me following right behind.

Once we reached him, Sam picked up his head. "No, no, no, hey, hey, come on, not today, not today, this isn't supposed to happen today, come on..."

Dean laid there motionless, just like we had watched a hundred times before, but this time nothing was happening.

My throat started to tighten, and I began pacing. "Why aren't we waking up?!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It had been about six months since we lost Dean. Sam didn't talk much anymore, but neither did I. Everything we had been doing was about catching the trickster.

Sam had let me go on hunts with him along the way. I helped him take out a demon when we were in Death Valley. We even cleared a vampire nest while in Austin. I had learned so much about hunting, and I was grateful for it since it kept my mind off Dean.

However, Sam had gotten to the point that he almost scared me. He didn't care about anything. He just killed. It had even gotten to the point that he could stitch up his wounds without even so much as a flinch.