12 Jus in Bello: Part 1

February 13th - February 14th, 2008

Dean finally got a lead on where Bela was, so we rushed to Colorado, where her hotel was. After we were sure no one was in there, we made our way inside, searching for the Colt. We searched the room, opening all of the drawers, finding anything but the Colt.

"Any sign of it?" Dean asked.

Sam put his hands out in frustration. "Nothing. Are you sure this is Bela's room?"

Dean held up two wigs. "I'd say so."

Ring! Ring!

We all shared a look. Dean walked over to the phone and looked up at Sam, who shook his head.

Dean answered it cautiously, "Where are you?" (...) "Where?" (...) "I want it back, Bela... now." (...) "You understand how many people are gonna die if you do this?" (...) "Take the only weapon we have against an army of demons and sell it to the highest bidder."

I decided to search the bathroom since it was the only place we hadn't looked, and I figured we needed some clue about where Bela was going. I looked in all of the cabinets but found nothing.

"I know I'm gonna stop you." (...) "Oh, I'll find you, sweetheart. You know why?" Dean asked. "Because I have absolutely nothing better to do than to track you down."

Suddenly the front door was kicked open, and I heard. "Hands in the air! Down on your knees!"

"That bitch!" Dean yelled.

Quickly, I opened the cabinet under the sink and climbed in. Luckily, I was small enough to fit and closed the door behind me. I stayed quiet, listened, and waited. I could only assume that it was the police and that Bela had something to do with it. No one else knew where we were.

"Turn around! Now!" a man yelled, "Where's the girl?!"

"What girl?" Dean asked.

"Your sister, dumb-ass," the officer said.

"Oh, lost her a while back," Dean said.

"Sam and Dean Winchester, you have the right to remain silent." The officer growled. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney and have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you at government expense."

"Hi, guys... it's been a while," another man said.

After a while, the room fell silent. There were no more voices and no more footsteps. When I was sure everyone was gone, I opened the cabinet door and climbed out.

I walked out into the empty room and groaned. "Now what?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thankfully, the town we were in was pretty small, so I just needed to find the police station, wherever that was. I decided to leave the hotel and walk out onto the street. As I made my way down the sidewalk, I realized that I still had no idea where I was going, even though it was a small town. On top of that, pretty much every store was closed and locked up for the night. Eventually, I stumbled upon a gas station and walked in, immediately looking for any maps that they had.

"Uh, miss? Can I help you?" a gruff voice asked from a small distance away.

I turned to see an older man standing behind the front counter. "Just looking for a map."

"Anything I can help you with?" he asked, starting to move from behind the counter.

"A town map would be nice. If you have one," I said, turning back to look through the maps in several different cubbies.