6 Red Sky at Morning: Part 4

After we made our way to the house we had been staying in, Sam informed us that Gert told him that the Warren brothers killed their father for his money. This led to us researching the other victims, who all had pasts that may have resulted in spilling their own family's blood.

While Sam continued researching, Dean had been going on about killing Bela, but I had been trying to convince him that it might not be the best idea.

"Ya know what, you're right. I'm not gonna kill her. I think slow torture's the way to go," Dean said.

I shook my head. "That's not really what I meant."

"Dean, look, you gotta relax," Sam said.

"Relax!" Dean yelled as he paced. "Oh yeah, yeah, I'll relax. I can't believe she got another one over on us!"

Sam looked up. "You."

Dean furrowed his brow. "What?"

Sam shrugged. "I— I mean, she got one over... on you... not us."

Dean looked stunned. "Thank you! Sam. Very helpful."

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Hello? Could you open up?" Bela asked hurriedly as she pounded on the front door.

Dean rolled his eyes and opened the door.

"Just let me explain," Bela said and sat down. "I sold it. I had a buyer lined up as soon as I knew it existed."

Dean walked around her and made a shooting motion with his finger at the back of her head.

Sam shook his head. "So the whole reason for us going to the charity ball was...?"

"I needed a cover," Bela said.

Sam nodded.

"You were convenient," Bela said.

Sam shook his head. "Look, you sold it to a buyer. Just go, buy it back."

"It's halfway across the ocean. I can't get it back in time," Bela said, looking worried.

"In time for what?" Dean asked.

Bela looked down anxiously.

Sam shook his head. "What's going on with you, Bela? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Bela sighed. "I saw the ship."

"You what?" Dean looked surprised. "Wow, ya know, I—" He chuckled. "I knew you were an immoral thieving con artist bitch, but just when I thought my opinion of you couldn't get any lower—"

"What are you talking about?" Bela asked.

"We figured out the spirit's motive," Sam said and handed Bela a photo. "This is the captain of our ship. The one who hung our ghost boy."

Bela shook her head. "So?"

"So, they were brothers," Sam explained, "Very Cain and Abel. So now our spirit, he's going after a very specific kind of target... people who've spilled their own family's blood."

Bela looked stunned.

"See, first there was Sheila who killed her cousin in the car accident, and the Warren brothers, who murdered their father for the inheritance. And now you," Sam said.

Bela gasped. "Oh my god."

"So, who was it, Bela?" Dean asked, "Hmm? Who'd you kill? Was it daddy? Your little sis, maybe?"

"It's none of your business," Bela said.

"No?" Dean asked. "Right. Well, have a nice life... ya know, whatever's left of it." He slapped her on the back and then looked at Sam and me. "Let's go." He walked to the door and picked up his jacket.