11 Mystery Spot: Part 3

After we finished, we left and passed by the barking dog, the blonde girl, and the movers.

"And you think this cheesy-ass tourist trap has something to do with it?" Dean asked.

"Maybe it's the real deal, ya know? The— The magnetic fields bending spacetime or whatever," Sam said.

"I don't know. It all seems a little too 'X-Files' for me," Dean said.

"Well, I don't know how else to explain it, Dean!" Sam yelled.

"All right! All right," Dean said.

"Look, it's the only thing we have going for us right now," I said.

"We'll go tonight after they close, get ourselves a nice long look," Dean said.

"No!" Sam and I yelled.

"Why not?" Dean asked.

"Because..." Sam sighed.

"You..." I trailed off.

Dean stared at us, waiting. "I what?"

Neither of us said anything.

"I die there?" Dean asked.

"Blown away, actually," Sam said.

Dean shrugged. "Huh. Okay, let's go now." He stepped forward, but Sam and I grabbed his arms to stop him.

"Stay out of the way!" Mr. Pickett yelled as he flew by the sidewalk in his car.

"Slow down! You're gonna kill someone!" I yelled back.

"Wait, did he...?" Dean asked.

"Yesterday." Sam nodded. "Yeah."

"And?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "And what?"

"Did it look cool, like in the movies?" Dean smiled.

I furrowed my brow and smacked his arm. "No! It didn't look cool."

"You peed yourself," Sam said, irritated.

Dean chuckled, uncomfortably embarrassed. "Of course, I peed myself. Man gets hit by a car. You think he has full control over his bladder? Come on!" He carefully looked both ways and then crossed the street.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After Sam and Dean went to talk to the Mystery Spot owner, they came back with literally nothing useful, so we went back to the motel room to do some research.

We actually made it to the night without Dean dying, so we decided to go back into town to get dinner.

After parking the car, we walked down the sidewalk and past the diner.

"Well, I hate to say it, but that place is exactly what I thought... it's full of crap," Dean said.

"Then what is it, Dean? What the hell is happening to us?" Sam asked.

Dean shrugged. "I don't know. All right, let me just— So, every day I die?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

"And that's when you guys wake up again, right?" Dean asked.

I nodded.

"Yeah," Sam said.

"So, let's just make sure I don't die. If I make it to tomorrow, then maybe the loop stops, and we can figure all this out," Dean said.

"You think?" Sam asked.

I shrugged. "It could work."

"It's worth a shot. I say we grab some takeout and head back to the motel, lay low until midnight," Dean said.