10 Dream a Little Dream of Me: Part 2

Back at the motel, we sat down to do some more research, but not long after, Sam fell asleep. I decided to take a break and jump in the shower, but Dean was on the phone when I walked out.

"Don't know why I bothered calling." (...) Dean rolled his eyes. "Figured you wouldn't be any help anyway." He hung up his phone and slammed it down on the table.

"Bela?" I asked as I sat down on the bed next to him.

He nodded.

I shrugged. "So, now what?"

He sighed. "We're back to square one, kid."

Eventually, Sam started moaning and twitching as he slept. Dean and I gave each other a look. I got up to check on him, but when I walked over, he was drooling and smiling.

I jumped back as he let out a loud moan. "Okay, he's creeping me out." I went over and sat next to Dean.

Dean laughed. "Sam!"

Sam jumped awake and quickly wiped his face, looking around the room, confused.

"Dude, you were out. And making some serious happy noises." Dean smirked.

Sam quickly looked away and faced forward at the desk.

"Who were you dreaming about?" Dean asked.

"What?" Sam asked quickly. "No one. Nothing."

"Come on, you can tell me," Dean encouraged, "Angelina Jolie?"

"No," Sam said quickly.

"Brad Pitt?" Dean asked.

Sam turned suddenly. "No. No!" He shook his head. "Dude, it doesn't matter."

"Whatever." Dean shrugged. "I called Bela."

Sam cleared his throat. "Bela?" A smile flashed on his face, and then he hid it away quickly. "Yeah? She— What'd she... ya know, say? She... gonna... help us?"

"Shockingly, no, which puts us back to square one. We've been trying to decipher the doctor's notes. Unfortunately, he has worse handwriting than you do," Dean said.

Sam nodded and looked away.

"You gonna come help us with this stuff?" Dean asked.

Sam looked down but didn't move. "Yeah."

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He shifted around uncomfortably, still looking down. "Yeah, yeah. Just give me a sec."

I looked over at Dean, concerned, but he was smirking at Sam. I looked around the room uncomfortably, waiting for Sam.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Dean got up and peered out of the peephole. Then he opened the door, allowing Bela to walk in.

"Bela. As I live and breathe," Dean said, irritated.

Sam spun around and swallowed hard.

"You called me. Remember?" Bela said.

Dean nodded. "I remember you turning me down."

Bela shrugged. "Well, I'm just full of surprises." She looked over at Sam and smiled.

Sam didn't get up, but he waved and nodded awkwardly at her. "Hey, Bela. What's going on?"

"I brought you your African Dream Root," Bela said and handed a jar to Dean. "Nasty stuff, and not easy to come by."

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Dean asked.