2 The Kids Are Alright: Part 1

May 21st - May 23rd, 2007

I had pulled myself back from helping Sam search for a way out of the deal. I really didn't know what to do. There was no good outcome to just letting it happen or getting him out of it. Either way, I was going to lose someone I loved, and I really wasn't sure how to deal with that yet.

Sam, on the other hand, had been completely obsessed with getting Dean out of it. He had been making calls to Bobby every time Dean had left him alone for long enough.

As we waited in a diner for Dean to come back with a newspaper, Sam had made a call to Bobby about a new lead he had found.

"What do you mean you don't think it will work, Bobby?" Sam asked, almost frantically. "It's a demon-dispelling ritual."

Knock! Knock!

Dean was standing outside of the window next to our table, holding up a newspaper for us to see. I smiled and waved at him. He did the same and then left to enter the building.

Sam sighed. "Well, maybe we got the translation wrong." (...) "Look, we can't just let Dean fry in Hell while we—" (...) "Well, there's got to be something that we—"

As Dean approached the table, Sam quickly changed the subject. "Oh, uh, yeah, no, uh, I— I gotta go. Uh. Okay. Never mind." He hung up.

Dean sat down next to me, looking suspiciously at Sam. "Hey. Who was that?"

"Uh, I was just ordering pizza," Sam said quickly.

Dean looked around. "Dude, you do realize that you're in a restaurant?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Oh, yeah. I... just felt like pizza, ya know?" Sam stuttered.

Dean furrowed his brow. "Okay, Weirdy Mcweirderton." He cleared his throat. "So, I think I got something."

"Yeah?" Sam asked.

Dean set a newspaper on the table. "Cicero, Indiana. Falls on his own power saw."

Sam picked up the paper. "And? What? That's it? One power saw?"

Dean shrugged. "Well... yeah."

"And you think that this is a case?" Sam asked.

"Well, I don't know." Dean shrugged. "Could be."

Sam shook his head. "I don't know, Dean. I— I—"

Dean smirked. "All right, there's something better in Cicero than just a case."

I furrowed my brow, completely confused.

Sam shook his head. "And that is?"

"Lisa Braeden." Dean smiled.

Sam laughed. "Should I even ask?"

"Remember that road trip I took, uh..." Dean thought. "Gosh, about eight years ago now? You two were in Orlando with Dad while he wrapped up that banshee thing."

Sam nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, the five states, five-day..."

Dean laughed. "Yeah. Well, kind of. Although I spent most of my time in Lisa Braeden's loft."

Sam smirked. "So, let me get this straight. You want— You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook-up with some random chick?"

Dean raised his eyebrows. "She was a yoga teacher. It was the bendiest weekend of my life—"

I put my hand up and shook my head. "Ew. Ew. Stop."

Dean smiled. "Come on. Have a heart, huh? It's my dying wish."