9 Malleus Maleficarum: Part 3

After we made it back to the coven's neighborhood, Ruby showed us which house Sam was in, and Dean ran in. I chased after him, but Sam was being held up against the wall by an invisible force when we entered.

The short-haired brunette woman turned to us with black eyes and then slammed Dean and me up against the wall by just raising her hand. "Three for one. Lovely."

Ruby entered a moment later. "Wait." Her hands were up in surrender. "Please. I just... came to talk." She put her hands down.

"You made it out of the gate. Impressive. That was a bitch of a fight, wasn't it?" the demon asked.

Ruby shrugged. "Doors out of Hell only open for so long."

"What do you want, Ruby?" the demon asked.

"I've been lost without you." Ruby advanced toward the demon. "Take me back. That's why I led the Winchesters here."

Dean looked angry and mouthed, "I told you so," to Sam.

"They're for you... as a gift," Ruby continued.

The demon raised her eyebrows. "Really?"

"Let me serve you again. I've wanted it— I've wanted you... for so long," Ruby said, almost seductively.

"You were one of my best." The demon smiled.

Ruby and the demon stared at each other for a moment. Then Ruby pulled out her knife and tried to stab the demon, but it caught it mid-air.

"But then again, you always were a lying whore," the demon said and sent the knife flying across the room.

Ruby and the demon fought, but the demon eventually sent her flying into the TV. Ruby got up and kicked the demon, but as she moved to run past her, she was clotheslined and fell flat on her back. The demon pulled Ruby up, threw her into a bookcase, and then walked over to the fireplace and grabbed a poker.

Before the demon walked over to Ruby, she glared at Elizabeth, who was cowering next to the fireplace. After she looked away, Elizabeth slipped away into another room.

The demon walked over to Ruby, poker in hand. "You're really telling me you threw in your chips with these three here?"

Ruby panted as she tried to get up, but the demon hit her across the face with the poker.

"Come on. Get up!" the demon yelled.

Ruby panted, not moving, as blood dripped from her nose.

"I said, get up!" the demon yelled again, then tossed the poker to the side and crouched over Ruby, grabbing her by her jacket and pulling her up. "We've been here before, haven't we?" She chuckled and looked at Sam. "She didn't tell you?" She turned back to Ruby. "Pretty mortifying, I guess. She was one of mine. I turned her out a long, long time ago. Ruby here was a witch. Of course, that was when you were human."

I furrowed my brow, not realizing that demons could have been humans in the past.

The demon threw Ruby back down on the debris of the bookshelf and stood up. "Didn't want your friends to know that all those centuries back, you sold yourself to me? Embarrassing, I guess. But don't worry love, no secrets where you're heading, remember?" She started chanting, "Monyé valack forsa..."

Black demon smoke began curling out of Ruby's mouth.

"Ulu iri regatt ruac, fieesh nieesh forthsa lé inmist infirum forthsa por un betest a té un fornalles ecclaisee—" The demon stopped as she began to cough up blood and pins.

The three of us dropped from the wall, and the demon smoke re-entered Ruby's body. The demon looked up angrily in the direction that Elizabeth snuck off. She raised her right hand and clenched it into a fist.