3 Bad Day at Black Rock: Part 3

I woke up with my hands tied to a chair. "What the?" I struggled at the ropes.

"Oh, she's awake too!"

I looked up to see two men, one with dark brown hair and the other with light red hair, smiling in front of me.

"I'm so sorry, Maddison. I don't know what happened," Sam apologized. He was tied to a chair next to me.

"We didn't even have to touch you." The brunette laughed at Sam. "You just went spastic and knocked both of you out. It was like watching Jerry Lewis try to stack chairs!"

"Who are you?" Sam asked, "What do you wa—"

The redhead snapped his fingers in Sam's face. "I used to think your friend Gordon sent me."

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Gordon? Oh, come on!" Sam yelled.

"Yeah, because he asked me to track you down and put a bullet in your brain." The redhead pointed at Sam.

"Great." Sam scoffed. "That sounds like him."

"But as it turns out..." The redhead sighed. "I'm on a mission from God." He punched Sam in the face.

He continued beating Sam, and with every punch, I begged him to stop until he knocked Sam out. The redhead sat down on the bed next to Sam with bloody knuckles and just stared at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I screamed.

"You got a smart mouth for a little girl." The redhead smirked.

"Screw you, dude!" I yelled and then started struggling with my ties again.

He laughed, and then the brunette walked over with a glass of water and splashed it on Sam's face.

Sam woke up with a gasp.

"You were a part of that demon plan to open the gate, weren't you?" the redhead asked.

"We did everything we could to stop it," Sam said.

"Lie, lie, lie!" The redhead stood up and pointed in Sam's face. "You were in on it. You know what their next move is, too, don't you?"

"No, I don't, okay? You're wrong about all of this," Sam said.

"Where are they gonna hit us next?" the redhead asked.

Sam sighed and stayed silent.

He punched him in the face again. "Where?! Gordon told me about you, Sam. About your powers. You're some kinda weirdo psychic freak?"

"No, not anymore." Sam shook his head. "I— No powers, no visions, nothing, it just—"

"Liar!" The redhead punched him again.

"Stop! I screamed.

"Now, no more lies. There's an army of demons out there pushing at a world already on the brink. We're on deck for the endgame here, right? So maybe, just maybe, you can understand..." The redhead drew his gun and pointed it at Sam's head. "We can't take chances."

"Please... please don't," I begged.

"Whoa, okay, okay, no, do— Hold on a minute!" Sam shouted.

The brunette stepped forward. "Hey, Kubrik just—"

"No, you saw what happened, Creedy." Kubrik turned to Creedy. "Ask yourself, why are we here? Because you saw a picture on the web? Because we chose this motel instead of another? Luck like that doesn't just happen."

Sam sighed. "Look, I can explain all of that if—"

"Shut up!" Kubrik pointed at Sam, still looking at Creedy. "It's God, Creedy. He led us here for one reason. To do His work. This... is destiny." He raised his gun back to Sam's forehead.