7 Fresh Blood: Part 1

November 21st - November 24th, 2007

We had stumbled upon a case of disappearances and murders, with all the signs of vampires being involved.

While we were driving to our motel, Sam and Dean were going over their master plan to catch the vampires who were responsible for the murders. I listened for a bit but got bored and decided to look out of the window at the passing cars. After a few moments, I began to fall asleep.

Then someone snapped their finger. "Are you paying attention?" Dean asked.

"What?" I asked as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Are you paying attention?" he asked again.

"For what? I'm just going to be waiting for you in the motel anyway." I shrugged.

"Not this time," Dean said.

"Seriously?" I asked, surprised.

Dean nodded. "We could use your help."

I furrowed my brow. "Really?"

"Hey, you asked me to teach you, right?" He looked at me in the rear-view mirror.

"Uh, yeah," I answered hesitantly.

"Then stop asking so many questions and listen to the plan," he said.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

He quickly answered his phone before I could reply. "Hello?" he asked. (...) "Bela?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Apparently, Bela had called to thank us for saving her, and for whatever reason, she was interested in the case we were working on. She seemed to be surprised to hear that we were tracking vampires and wondered where we were.

It didn't take long to find a vampire we thought could be involved, and we chased her through a dark alley until we found a man bleeding out. We quickly ran over to him and realized he had been bitten in the neck.

Sam crouched down next to him. "Hey, hey. Don't worry. We're gonna call you some help, okay?"

"Where is she? Where'd she go?!" Dean shouted.

The man gestured further down the alley, and Dean ran off. I stayed behind with Sam and the man. Sam called the police and waited until they said they were on the way.

Then we ran down the alley to see Dean standing there with a woman attached to his neck. She dropped to the ground only a moment later, unconscious.

"Woo!" Dean shouted happily as he held a syringe of dead man's blood down to his side.

Sam and I ran up to him, both with concern on our faces.

"What?" Dean asked.

Sam raised his eyebrows. "Cutting it a little close, don't you think?"

Dean shrugged. "Uh... that's just chum in the water. Worked, didn't it?"

Sam and I shared a look of concern.

Dean looked down at his arm, where he now had a large cut. "Ow."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We had found an old, dingy, broken-down motel and brought the vampire there. While she was tied up to a chair in the middle of the room, still unconscious, we lined the windows with old mattresses and anything else that would block anyone from seeing in.