12 Jus in Bello: Part 2

It was quiet for a while, so we started preparing for whatever was coming next. Henriksen and Dean were off preparing shotguns in another room while Sam, Phil, Nancy, and I watched the windows and doors.

Nancy was organizing some files when she looked up out of one of the windows. I glanced over to see what she was looking at, but when I did, I saw a huge group of people standing outside, all with black eyes.

"Hey, that's Jenna Rubner," Nancy said, referring to one of the women standing outside.

Sam walked up to her, shaking his head. "That's not Jenna anymore."

"That's where all that black demon smoke went?" Nancy asked.

Sam nodded. "Looks like."

Suddenly, a window shattered from another room, and we all went running to see what had happened. Sam, Dean, and Henriksen had shotguns in hand, ready to shoot if they needed to. However, when we ran into the room, Ruby was standing there, stuck in a devil's trap that Sam had strategically placed below the window.

"How do we kill her?" Henriksen asked as he aimed his shotgun at her.

"We don't," Sam said, pushing Henriksen's gun down.

"She's a demon," Henriksen said.

"She's here to help us," Sam said as he walked toward Ruby.

"Are you kidding?" Phil asked.

Dean sighed in annoyance and shook his head.

"Are you gonna let me out?" Ruby asked Sam.

Sam knelt and scratched an opening in the devil's trap with his knife.

"And they say chivalry's dead. Does anyone have a breath mint?" Ruby asked as she stepped out. "Some guts splattered in my mouth while I was killing my way in here." She walked past everyone into the main office.

Sam stayed behind to fix the salt line as the rest of us followed Ruby.

"How many are out there?" Dean asked.

"Thirty at least. That's so far," Ruby said.

"Oh, good. Thirty. Thirty hit men all gunning for us. Who sent them?" Dean asked.

"You didn't tell them?" Ruby asked Sam, who was now standing in the doorway.

Dean and I quickly looked over at Sam, not having any idea what she was talking about.

"Oh, I'm surprised," Ruby said.

"Tell us what?" Dean asked.

"There's a big new up and comer. Real Pied Piper," Ruby said.

Sam had a look of guilt cross his face like he had been caught in a lie.

"Who is he?" Dean asked.

"Not he. Her," Ruby said as she snapped her head to look at Dean. "Her name is Lilith."

"Lilith?" Dean asked.

"And she really, really wants Sam's intestines on a stick." Ruby looked back at Sam. "'Cause she sees him as competition."

Dean turned to Sam. "You knew about this?"

Sam tightened his jaw, but he didn't answer.

"Well, gee, Sam. Is there anything else you haven't told us?!" Dean yelled.

"How about the two of you talk about this later? We'll need the Colt." Ruby looked at Sam, but he averted his eyes. She then quickly looked at Dean. "Where's the Colt?"