6 Red Sky at Morning: Part 3

Bela explained that she needed Sam to escort Gert to the Sea Pines Museum for a black-tie charity event. Gert was the aunt of the first victim they had talked to, and apparently, she had a thing for Sam. Bela had pulled out clothing that she had already picked out for us. It was much fancier than we were used to wearing, and the three of us weren't excited about it, but if we wanted to stop this thing, going would be our best chance.

So, Sam got dressed and reluctantly left to pick up Gert. While Dean huffed upstairs with his suit, I took my dress and accessories to the downstairs bathroom. I slowly got dressed, putting the red dress, black shoes, and earrings on that Bela had picked out for me. I looked at myself in the mirror. Everything fit perfectly, but an overwhelming sense of insecurity washed over me, and I couldn't step out.

 Everything fit perfectly, but an overwhelming sense of insecurity washed over me, and I couldn't step out

Then there was a knock on the door. "What's taking so long?" Bela asked.

"Uh, yeah. I don't want to come out," I said.

She groaned and turned the knob. "Unlock the door."

"Why?" I asked.

"You really want to do this again? Do you remember what happened last time?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door, but peered around it, so it blocked my body. "What?"

Bela pushed past me and closed the door behind her. "I'm here to help. What's wrong? You look great."

I sighed. "Yeah, I don't know. The last time I got dressed up, I met my mom for the first time, and it didn't go well. I was nervous then and what I was wearing is nothing compared to this."

"Okay..." Bela walked up to me and spun me around to look in the mirror. She put her arm around my shoulders and leaned down next to me. She faced the mirror and pointed at me. "You look at that girl and tell me she isn't stunning."

I looked at myself for a moment and smiled softly, realizing that it was completely okay to admit something like that.

Bela smiled. "See?" She spun me to face her. "Let me just do some finishing touches." She pulled a necklace out of her purse. "Here, I forgot to give this to you." She reached around me and put the necklace on me. "And one more thing." She turned me and pulled my hair out of my usual bun. "There, much better." She put some product in it to get rid of the frizz. "If you have hair like this, you have to embrace it." She smiled down at me.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked.

"I'm not." She turned and left the bathroom. "Let's go."

I rolled my eyes, looked at myself one last time, and left the bathroom. When I turned the corner of the hall, I saw Dean standing in his suit, waiting for us in the living room.

Dean looked up at the sound of clicking heels and smiled. "Oh... wow. You look— You look beautiful." He walked over, hugged me, and kissed the top of my head.