Chapter 4: The Hufflepuff Boy

That night I had made it to my dorm and instantly fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and headed to the great hall to receive my schedule. I had potions first period with professor Snape. Pansy had said that he was rather rude but favored Slytherins so that eased me.

I walked into the potion classroom and saw there were 2 seats open, one next to Draco and one next to a Brown haired Hufflepuff boy. I wanted to sit next to Draco but I felt that would make things awkward. I decided to sit next to the Hufflepuff boy. When I sat next to him he greeted me saying " Hello you must be a first year, I'm Cedric Diggory" and sticking his hand out for me to shake. I shook his hand and introduced myself saying " umm hi I'm Katherine". For the rest of the period, he tried to talk to me but I wanted to keep the conversation minimal.

Once the class had ended I quickly left but was pulled into an empty hallway. I looked up and met the eyes of the one and only Cedric. He then began to say softly, " Hey you left before I got the chance to ask you a question."  Oh sorry, I wanted to get to my next class early", I said lying. "Oh well, I just wanted to ask you if you would like to maybe hang out sometime? ". I was about to say no when I saw Draco and Blaise watching us from a distance. I quickly responded saying, "Yes, when ?". " How about tomorrow night after dinner near the black lake?" He said.  "S-sure see you then," I said nervously. "Great, wear something fancy," He said. I walked away blushing at the thought of going on a date with him. Wait... is this a date? Well he never really said if it was he called it a "hangout". But he did say to dress fancy so maybe that's a sign. All I know is my fashion sense sucks so I'm going to have to ask Pansy for fashion advice .

Classes ended and I walked into the great hall for dinner and sat next to Blaise and he greeted me saying " Hello Kathy how was your first day?"  "Oh it was good, just boring classes, how about you?" I asked nicely. "It was decent. I have many classes with Draco so that made it better" he said. When Blaise had said his name I felt my heart beat faster and a smile was plastered on my face. "Oh, you have classes with Draco, how is he?"  "Why do you care so much? Do you fancy him? Blaise asked me while smirking. "N-no I don't and anyway I have a date with Cedric tomorrow night". His face dropped when I said that and he said, "Diggory as in the Hufflepuff?" "Yes I said proudly knowing that would bother him since we are Slytherins but I didn't care. "Okay... we'll make sure he doesn't hurt you because you're one of my best friends and I don't want to see you hurt," He said, sounding embarrassed. "Awww Blaise your one of my best friends too and I won't get hurt trust me," I said hugging him.

" Am I interrupting something?" I heard Draco say and I blushed at the sound of his voice. "Of course not mate, you know we're just friends," Blaise said. Draco mumbled something under his breath that I couldn't hear but I brushed off the thought. He sat next to me and we both went to grab our waters that were next to each other and our hands touched. We looked at each other and I felt my cheeks heat up and I could tell his were too.

Draco's POV: I walked into the Great Hall when my eyes looked over at the Slytherin table and I saw Katherine and Blaise hugging. I immediately had a feeling of jealousy come over me and I made my way over to the table. I then said, "Am I interrupting something?" Blaise had said they were just friends but I didn't buy it. ". I mumbled saying " It better stay that way" so they couldn't hear. I sat down next to Katherine and I went to pick up my water when our hands touched and I felt myself blush when I looked into her eyes.   The eye contact broke when Pansy soon came over and kissed my cheek lightly, and said "Hey Dracy I was looking for you so we could walk into the great hall together and I couldn't find you. I then said "Well Pansy I didn't want to walk with you today and also don't call me Dracy I don't like that name" "What do you mean Draco I find that name rather cute if you ask me" Katherine said blushing. I smirked at her comment and we all continued to eat Dinner.